SOB 11 Trail Run Info.

We all know you've got somethin' to say. So drop it in here and see what folks think!

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Tom Dummer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:56 pm

The extreme trail is the Crushers. basically a valley of boulders. Nice big round rocks. No Moab Rim canyons here, we got trees to stop you :lol: .
It looks (feels) pretty good for me to be running a group if need be. I can either run the Archers or one similar to what I did last year.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

rjlougee
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by rjlougee » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:17 pm

Thanks Tom, I found it. On the attachment map it's under the Vicinity Map, below the trail 55 and 12.

Where's the sign up and/or how many rigs are scheduled?
Joe

bleakhorizon
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Post by bleakhorizon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:14 pm

so uh you guys gona accept a 78 and 79 as an "early bronco" on these runs and the sand lake stuff papapa pleaseeeee

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Formerjughead » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:40 pm

bleakhorizon wrote:so uh you guys gona accept a 78 and 79 as an "early bronco" on these runs and the sand lake stuff papapa pleaseeeee
Seems like there was a Yota on the extreme trip last year so I don't think there would be much of an issue if you tagged along. The only exclusion is for the "Bowl Picture" on Saturday. There was a trail last year that a one legged kid on a skate board would have had a tough time on so check with the group leader
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Tom Dummer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:19 pm

Formerjughead wrote: There was a trail last year that a one legged kid on a skate board would have had a tough time on so check with the group leader
:redmad: Girl, you AINT talkin about those fingernail marks in my DASHBOARD are you? I'll take your girly little ass up that motorcycle trail again.

This is a picture of Juggy. He's not walkin away from that cliff, he's shakin the load out of his shorts. We just came up that little V in the rock to the left of him. :finger:
Attachments
Brad.jpg
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SaddleUp » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:13 pm

bleakhorizon wrote:so uh you guys gona accept a 78 and 79 as an "early bronco" on these runs and the sand lake stuff papapa pleaseeeee
A 78/79 Bronco is no problem. For Jeeps, Toyotas etc. we "prefer" that they be sponsored as such by someone else that has a Bronco. I.E. If they have a friend with a Bronco going. If not then I don't mind letting them tag along as long as they are not knocking anyone else out to do so but they should contact me in advance (Either here or out there) rather than just assume they can tag along.

For the photo in the bowl you probably need to ask the organizers at the registration area. I know that for the registration itself they want to keep it to Early Bronco's only so they have an accurate count.
Last edited by SaddleUp on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the new Early Bronco Trail Covers at http://BroncoCovers.com

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SaddleUp » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:49 pm

rjlougee wrote:So how long is the extreme trail and what type of obstacles are likely to be encountered? My wife isn't a big fan of the "fall to your death" type trails (i. e. Moab Rim), but can handle extreme as long as serious off camber and falls aren't involved.

Can you see the trail on the little map?
TIA, Joe
Joe:
The extreme group as Tom mentioned is the Crusher loops. They are below trail 55 and 12. It's numbered 14r and is accessed from the top(Bottom on the map but top of the hill) section of Firebreak Five (Which is trail 14).

We are not doing a signup this year. I'm estimating the number based on the last 2 years and then added a nice cushion with a couple of extra leaders available if needed.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SaddleUp » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Tom Dummer wrote: It looks (feels) pretty good for me to be running a group if need be. I can either run the Archers or one similar to what I did last year.
It's going to be up to you. If we have enough people show then breaking up into smaller groups of about 6 each takes some load off each leader and we can cover more ground that way. No pressure though as we can handle it either way.

Bent Bronco
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by Bent Bronco » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:17 am

Tom Dummer wrote:
Formerjughead wrote: There was a trail last year that a one legged kid on a skate board would have had a tough time on so check with the group leader
:redmad: Girl, you AINT talkin about those fingernail marks in my DASHBOARD are you? I'll take your girly little ass up that motorcycle trail again.

This is a picture of Juggy. He's not walkin away from that cliff, he's shakin the load out of his shorts. We just came up that little V in the rock to the left of him. :finger:
I tthink thats the hill I blew out my shock. :mrgreen:
going home on 3 shocks was :fedup:
66 bronco half cab from hell
can i join the horde?