Proposed Pacific City Beach Clean July 8-9th

We all know you've got somethin' to say. So drop it in here and see what folks think!

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

crab
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Proposed Pacific City Beach Clean July 8-9th

Post by crab » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:52 am

Most of you know I live in Pacific City. This is a very small town with a population of 1000 but more like 500 full timers. Our beach is pretty spotless most of the year with the constant storms, high tides and common respect from a majority of the people that visit. If any of you have been here for the 4th of July, you know what chaos it is. There is about 2 miles of beach from Cape Kiwanda to Bob Straub State Park that looks like a swarm of 15,000 intoxicated fire flys where typically there would only be 5 or 10 of us. The aftermath looks like a scene from a Schwarzenegger movie with littered debris and bodies as far as the eye can see.
Unfortunatly there is a whole week of tides before we could organize a clean up the following weekend, but there would still be plenty of clean up that could be done. Just currious if this is something that you guys would be interested in participating in? If so, I'm open to suggestions and willing to organize everything on this end. Date would be July 8-9 Fri-Sat. Lunch at the Pelican Or BBQ at the mouth of the Nestucca. You can drive your bronco on the beach all the way to the mouth of the river (execpt for a short area in front of houses). could also do a bit of crabbing if anyone is interested?
BEAT IT TO FIT....PAINT IT TO MATCH!

ahansen_1985
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by ahansen_1985 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:40 am

ill come help, i can bring some of the guys i run with probably also... im just over here in amity....
66,351w,m5od,205, full width hp44,9...5.5, 37's