WANTED: OEM-style chrome bumpers

Buy and Sell your Bronco parts in this forum.
Also post for Mass Buys here

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

nybronc
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

WANTED: OEM-style chrome bumpers

Post by nybronc » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:02 am

Does anyone have one or two OEM or OEM-style chrome bumpers (front and rear) that are in good shape that they no longer want/need? I am replacing a damaged rear bumper and a home-made front bumper/winch mount that I have no use for. I am almost done with the body restoration of my EB, and I want to put nice chrome bumpers on it. So if you have one or two in good shape (no rust or dents or serious pitting) please let me know. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I want something I can put right on the truck without having to re-chrome. I am holding off on buying new ones from JBG because they're just so darn expensive!

I live in New York, but I would need them shipped to Vermont. However, I could pick them up myself if they're located within 100 miles or so of New York City.

Thanks!

69svt
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by 69svt » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:51 am

i still have those 2 bumpers we spoke about last time if your inteerested let me know.
3.5"wh cage arms fox shox a silly rollcage

nybronc
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Jersey Bumpers

Post by nybronc » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:22 pm

Hey, thanks. I can't remember what condition you said they were in, though. I think you might have sent a photo. My memory is shot. Maybe it would be better if I tried to drive out to you to look at them in person. Where in Jersey are you located? Did you only have the chrome bumpers or did you have paintable, too? I am actually considering the paintable ones. I saw a copper Bronco (my new color) with the Wimbledon White bumpers and it looked pretty sharp.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply. Good to hear from you.

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Formerjughead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:25 pm

have you thought about having the Bumpers powder coated?
I think thats how I am going to do mine when the time comes

Brad
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

nybronc
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

powder coating bumpers

Post by nybronc » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:44 pm

To be honest, I never considered powder coating the bumpers. Any thoughts as to how much that might cost? (Ballpark, of course.)

Good idea nonetheless.

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Formerjughead » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:18 pm

if you take them down to bare metal yourself it's less........but for them to prep-Sand Blast my Chrome bumpers it's $75 for the pair..........less if they don't have to make a special run through the oven.

Pretty in expensive

Brad
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

69svt
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by 69svt » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:42 pm

he man sorry it took so longfor me to respond. Im about 10 minutes from the Gothels bridge if you wanna come look at them just let me know
and we can set something up they are to chorme bumpers
3.5"wh cage arms fox shox a silly rollcage