1977 Rear main fuel tank replacement

Buy and Sell your Bronco parts in this forum.
Also post for Mass Buys here

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

77Bronco66mustang
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

1977 Rear main fuel tank replacement

Post by 77Bronco66mustang » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:30 am

Hey gang, I’m new to the party. I’ve already seen some really great threads. So I’m sure it is out there but I’m having a hard time finding it. I’m looking to replace my rear tank on my 77. I know those tanks are different because of the fuel doors. I don’t really use this truck for offroading and feel like the 23 gallon would be over kill. Does anyone have a suggestion on picking up a new tank? My current tank has a crack cross the top. Thanks for all the support.

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Stan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Not sure if you'll find a " stock style " tank for the '77 or why youre concerned about the 23 gal tank being overkill.
Took me 2-3 years to talk myself into putting one in - but I'm really glad i did it.
Good luck , maybe one of the Vendors i'm not familiar with will have one.
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Hey 77, welcome! Just luck I happened to notice your post in this section though. Not usually paying attention (sorry to say) to any but the main tech ones.

But to answer that, if you're not in a hurry you might find a stock replacement from someone changing their stock one for a bigger one. Most of us that drive any distance really appreciate the extra capacity.
One of the tank manufacturers, Aero in Southern CA will make special order tanks just about any way you want. Not sure you'd save much money over a 23, even though Aero is pretty reasonably priced, but at least you would not have the bulk of the larger tanks.

Not sure if it was the overall size of the 23 gallon versions that turned you off, or if it was simply the price, or something else.
If price, then the custom isn't likely to thrill. The size is the easiest to overcome. Quality is a personal thing, as these things are all well made. They're just not pretty. We sell the Sherman and the Sunset Metal (the old NWMP) and they offer a 20 gallon version that might fit the bill.
That one is made for a body lifted truck, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't fit a non-lifted truck too. Still hangs down about the same though.

Good luck.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

badmuttstang
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by badmuttstang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:33 am

Not mine but if your still looking there's one on ebay
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1977-Early-Ford-B ... nav=SEARCH[/url]
If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.