Massive battery drain

Electrical, charging system, batteries, etc.<br />
Winches, jacks, tow gear, welders, lights, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Drez
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Massive battery drain

Post by Drez » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 pm

I just picked up a 75 Bronco and I am about as good with electrical issues as my 7 year old daughter so I need some help. I am getting MASSIVE battery drain (two brand new batteries gone within two weeks), and actually seeing burn marks in the bolt holding the positive cable to the battery.

I bought a multimeter and disconnected positive wire (just read I should have pulled ground for safety, but results should be same?). I then connected multimeter to positive terminal and red wire and pulled about 13 volts. I then pulled each fuse one at a time from the glove box fuse box and there was no change in the multimeter for any of the fuses.

No idea where to go next? Could it be starter solenoid? Alternator?
Thanks in advance.

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Ahh, yes. The old "double-post syndrome" eh? Happens to all of us at one time or another. It's usually just your browser won't update the thread for your own computer for some reason. We see your original post, but you can't.
Unless you just hit the button twice by accident that is!

I tried to give you some info in your other thread. Hopefully it's helpful.
While this thread is still new, you might even be able to delete it yourself. Can't remember just how to do it, but I think you can.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen: