blinkers help

Electrical, charging system, batteries, etc.<br />
Winches, jacks, tow gear, welders, lights, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Old77
BFix Built
BFix Built

blinkers help

Post by Old77 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:07 pm

blinkers dont work flashers work I replace both flasher solenoid .any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I'm not too good with electrical.
1977 Ranger

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Tom Dummer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:13 am

Do the lights in the dash cluster come on steady burn, or at all? If a bulb is out at either end of the truck, it won't flash even a new flasher unit. check the sockets to see if they are getting power.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:33 am

Yep, what he said.
Most failures with the turn signals are either the turn signal switch (very common) or a bad ground or three somewhere (also very common on EB's!) But when both turn signals stop working, it's not typically the switch. But it might still be...

Like Tom said, pull the flasher relay out of the plug/socket again and test for 12v at one contact with the key on. One side is always hot with the key, and only flows through when the turn signal switch is flipped to one side or the other.
You know the bulbs are good because the 4-way flashers work.
You know the sockets must be good too, because the 4-way flashers work.
You know the wiring between the turn signal switch and the lights work, again because the flashers work.

But when you checked the 4-ways, were you just looking at the indicators on the dash or did you verify that all four lights were flashing?
When you push on the brake, do the lights stop flashing?

Good luck.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen: