From the colum to the box

Tie rods, steering box, drag link, alignment.
What tires fit, brands, sizes, beadlocks, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

67Blue
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

From the colum to the box

Post by 67Blue » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok, I got my Power steering box remounted properly using the WildHorses braket.(perfect fit) Now I need to replace the shaft from the colum to the steering box. With my finances being what they are, I can't spring for any of the Flaming River goodies right now.

When I dismounted the steering secter from the frame (ware the previous owner had it bolted) the rag joint litteraly crumbled out. I should have gotten some pics of how it had been done for a ( DON'T DO THIS) thread. Also, the shaft that is in there currently has been welded atleast twice before. LOL

What would ya'll suggest I broke feller do to get this Ol' '66 rolling again.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Scodge
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Scodge » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Call these guys, they can fix you up, probably for less than flaming river.

http://www.borgeson.com/shafting.html

You also might be able to replace the rag joint, which is not stock, with a part from checker or pep boys.
Scott
-------
[0===0] '67 ragtop, 5.0 EFI, PS, PDB, D44 front axle, faded blue paint and rusty floorboards.

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Tom Dummer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:11 pm

My rig is a little different, with the toyoduh ps box an all, but I went to a wreckin yard and some kid had been saviing steering shafts in a box. go figure. I just went through the box until something worked. so now I have a Ford steering column mated to a Dakota mid shaft connected to a Toyoduh box...... just make something work.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.