lincoln disk parts

Tie rods, steering box, drag link, alignment.
What tires fit, brands, sizes, beadlocks, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

twisted77
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

lincoln disk parts

Post by twisted77 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Im back!!!

Its been over a year but I got my EB back from the guy I stupidly sold it to. Now to finish it. I need info on what rotors I need for my lincoln rear disk swap.

thanks

Bryce
77 EB, 302 310 horse. Hydroboost, disk front and rear, full width axles 538 gears, 39.5 swampers, full cage, 5' lift 3' body, Tube door, MSD, Holley projection, Wrap trap, LED lights, Moly steering, 12' ext radius arms MORE

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Tue May 04, 2010 5:15 pm

You using someone's kit? Or are you cobbling it together yourself from parts?
I don't know, but I would think that could possibly make a difference in which rotor. Unless there's only one choice of course.
Be interested to hear what others say.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

twisted77
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by twisted77 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:38 am

No this is not a kit this is from a lincoln mark 5 car big bearing 9 in for rear end. 70's model car. I have read it is the 77 cj7 front disk, and also read it is the 78 1/2 ton ford truck front disk. is there more to chose from and which is the right one to use.

Thanks.
77 EB, 302 310 horse. Hydroboost, disk front and rear, full width axles 538 gears, 39.5 swampers, full cage, 5' lift 3' body, Tube door, MSD, Holley projection, Wrap trap, LED lights, Moly steering, 12' ext radius arms MORE

TonyNokes
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by TonyNokes » Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 pm

I used the Lincoln rotors. I had Dutchman turn down the axle flange, redrill the rotor pattern, install longer studs and set the offset right. Dutchman has been putting Lincoln brakes on 9" rears for a long time. Give them a call. I think the "hat" may be too small on the CJ rotor but I don't know that for sure.

Tony
66' 5.8L SEFI Super Charged, 4R70W, 4.88, 35" BFG's. Hydroboost, D44 w/trac-lock, HD axles. 9" w/ARB, Dutchman axles, Trusses and Lincoln disks all around, F150 PS, factory PTO winch & bumper, 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body, 14" 7100's Bilstiens, CAGE arms & springs, TRO, OBA, Yorkston Trackbar conversion, 3 fuel tanks...

twisted77
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by twisted77 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

I found the solution. 95 crown vic rotors, you have to redrill the holes, and grind the little flange one the inside that holds the emergency brakes in place. and enlarge the hole on the hat to fit the top of the axle.

But you do not have to turn the axles down to fit the inside and that is a plus in my book because a axle is more likely to break before a rotor.

TonyNokes
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by TonyNokes » Thu May 06, 2010 8:54 am

Hopefully, the Crown Vic rotors work out for you. Please send let us know how it works out. There are no worries about the strength of the alxe flange after turning it down as there is plenty of material left especially if you consider the out side of te alxe flange see very little load,
Attachments
DSC00175 (Medium).JPG
Lincoln Mark rear disks on Bronco axle.
66' 5.8L SEFI Super Charged, 4R70W, 4.88, 35" BFG's. Hydroboost, D44 w/trac-lock, HD axles. 9" w/ARB, Dutchman axles, Trusses and Lincoln disks all around, F150 PS, factory PTO winch & bumper, 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body, 14" 7100's Bilstiens, CAGE arms & springs, TRO, OBA, Yorkston Trackbar conversion, 3 fuel tanks...

twisted77
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by twisted77 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:45 pm

well the only real reason I am going to the rotor that need work and not axles is that if you break an axle you have to do a little more extesive work to make sure the hat fits. on the rotor not that much and they are more part house freindly. And really, how many rotors have you broken... myself only one and that was because the entire front hub brock in half!!! LOL :roll: So I found this mod on a sister sight and I am going to try it. I will let you know how it turns out, I am also going to be running the parking brake. It will be a while though before I get it done.

I just got my EB back after a year of it being gone and the garage is a mess. parts need to be inventoried, and so on.
I am so glad to be back into the EB family!
Once you get these things into your blood they are there for life.

Later

Bryce

twisted77
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by twisted77 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:58 pm

TonyNokes wrote:Hopefully, the Crown Vic rotors work out for you. Please send let us know how it works out. There are no worries about the strength of the alxe flange after turning it down as there is plenty of material left especially if you consider the out side of te alxe flange see very little load,
Hey Tony how is yours set up? Can I get a list of parts?

Looks like 77-78 lincoln brackets and calipers. ??? is that right??

are those the lincoln rotors aswell? arent they a diretional rotor? Meaning they only work on a corosponding side IE right and left.
Or are they a different rotor like the jeep rotor or 78 1/ton frod truck rotor? I have been hearing so much about. I would really love some info. I just live a block from a machin shop and if I can turn the inside of the hat to fit the axle without messing with the axle that would be cool to.

I might do a right up on all of this when I am done on all the variation people have done and succeded with, I am also goin with a hydroboost out of a gm astro van, they have more power than the lincoln, and you can pump it after the car is turned off and still have brakes the lincoln I understand you can only do that three or four pumps and yor done.

I am running a hydro assist on a 77 power steering aswell I would like to do right ups on all of this if anyone has any info on there sucsessfull jobs.

Thanks again.

TonyNokes
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by TonyNokes » Fri May 07, 2010 8:40 am

Bryce, you have very good reasoning behind wanting to have a stock/unmodified axle fit as that it far more likely to fail. I will be especially interested to see if you can keep the stock register/offset on the axle. Keep us posted!

Twisted77, I am running Late 70's Lincoln gear from the master cylinder to the calipers. Yes, those are even Lincoln rear rotors and they are vented directionally but they are interchangeble from side to side with a little loss of cooling potential, though I don't forsee any application but racing that could actually overheat these rear brakes on a Bronco.

You wil likely still need longer studs in your axle but that is easy.

As for the Hydroboost, the early ones had a heavy spring in place of the Nitrogen cylinder to store the back up brake boost. When I first did the brake/hydroboost swap that is the booster I had. Several years ago when I installed a rebuilt hydroboost it was the later style with the nitrogen cylinder but they were both for the 70's Lincoln. The basic function of the Hydroboost is the same regardless of application (Astro, Super duty, Mustang or Lincoln) the mounting method is the main difference.

BTW: when I installed my rear brakes I swapped the parts around a bit to get the parking brake cable on top of the axle and the calipers on the front of the axel for better shock mount clearence. Also, note the modifications to the parking brake system.

I do have a word document that is a compilation of wrtie ups. If your interested in it shoot me your email address.

Regards, Tony
Attachments
IMG_2832 (Medium).JPG
The parking brake cable needs to be modified. Note: the removal of the lever bar.
Rear disk5 (Large).JPG
Note: caliper is on forward side of axle and Parking brake attachemet points are modified.
Rear Alxe fitup (Medium).jpg