Manual box

Tie rods, steering box, drag link, alignment.<br />
What tires fit, brands, sizes, beadlocks, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Rumble Frog
BFix Built
BFix Built

Manual box

Post by Rumble Frog » Wed May 16, 2012 6:57 am

Is there a manual steering box, retrofittable to the EB, that is a significant improvement over the EB steering box?

regshawn
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by regshawn » Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 am

why not go with Power steering? there are lots of power steering boxes that will work.
"I've got an idea-an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." -Peter Griffin

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Stan » Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 am

Bigger padded steering wheel ? like the Stropes .
Stan
Oh was that you driving your EB on the Milwaukie express way a couple weeks ago? I woulda waved but i was in my "other vehicle" :)
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

Rumble Frog
BFix Built
BFix Built

Steering

Post by Rumble Frog » Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

If the EB you saw was green with black top, black corner protectors, black flares and chrome bumpers (and a fat, bald guy driving), that was me.

Rumble Frog
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by Rumble Frog » Wed May 16, 2012 12:33 pm

regshawn wrote:why not go with Power steering? there are lots of power steering boxes that will work.
I've considered going with power steering, but there's something appealing to me about having a vehicle with manual everything! Neither my wife nor daughter can drive it, and I kinda like that! I also like the underhood simplicity of manual steering.

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I loved my manual steering. Until the week I drove a YJ with power steering all around the Moab area one time. Then I was sold!
Actually, it had started losing it's appeal as tires got bigger, and especially when caster numbers started climbing, so I was headed down the power road at some point anyway most likely. Driving that Jeep just pushed me over the edge.

Never seen another manual box that's a bolt-on, or even with a quicker ratio, one that would even have the strength needed to be considered an upgrade.
Not sure if the original application for the Delphi boxes we all use nowadays for conversions has a manual option, but I doubt it.

If you find something interesting though, post it up and let us wrangle over it.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen: