Progress Pictures (Updated with New Paintjob)

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.<br />
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Thanks Bandit.

- Front bumper is the Protofab newer version prerunner. Protofab had the lowest shipping charge.

- Rear bumper was my first purchase back in 1999 from a guy on the lists (forgot his name but he was in the USAF, did the bumpers on the side) Don't think he does it anymore. Found his name from Bronco.com back in the day.

- Hood is the Protofab Proflow I got about 4 years ago. Not sure what you mean by the finished edge version. Only one of that type that they had at the time. I have it pinned only.
70EB, 351W SEFI, ZF, D20, 3.5"SL, 1"BL, 35" KM2s on polished Slots, Sunburst Orange Metallic

john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by john » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 am

dang! sweet color.
John
'74 w/ 5.0HO, C4, Atlas 4.3, hydroboost, ram steering, ARB, spool, Toyos!
Pics of my '74
www.vintagebronco.com

Bandit
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by Bandit » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:24 pm

In the Proflows,WildHorses has a deluxe finished edge one,that they say you can put on the original hardware.I have the older one,that has a unfinished edge.I guess I'll have to settle for the rockbocker rear,which is kinda- sorta similar to your rear.Doesn't really matter right now,I cant think about one for a while.Donn
currie 9",nodular iron,arb,4.56's,35 spline,original radio!

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:05 am

Got back from my deployment (again) and did some more work on the Bronco. Finished the interior. Used Dynamat and it completely got rid of any rattle that the truck had. Also the doors now sound solid when they close.

New carpet and seats to round out the color scheme. I also installed an Ipod compatable stereo in the Tuffy console and Infinity 6x9 in the rear panels. i used the aluminum diamond plate quarter panels (hate diamond plate) and had them lined with tan bedliner (diamond plate pattern is now gone).

New polished slots and 35" BFG KM2s.

Got a chip from JDM that allows everything to run smoothly on the SEFI. Got rid of a slight hesitation and gave me alot of new found power.

Nest is saving for a top after a move from NC to WA in a few weeks. Also got to get the Bronco shipped (enclosed transport)

Pics coming shortly....... :mrgreen:
70EB, 351W SEFI, ZF, D20, 3.5"SL, 1"BL, 35" KM2s on polished Slots, Sunburst Orange Metallic

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:49 am

Here are the pics. Also upgraded the rear to 4.56 ARB, 31 spline. Still have to upgrade the front D44 (for those who notice no front driveshafft)
Attachments
Bronco final4.jpg
Bronco final3.jpg
Bronco final2.jpg
Bronco final1.jpg
Bronco final.jpg

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 am

Looks great. Bedliner over the diamond plate was a great idea! Looks good, functional and re-uses an existing part. Not a bad score.

Good luck with the move.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

Bandit
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Wow,thats a Bronco to be proud of!

Post by Bandit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Wow what a first class job you did on that rig!Sorry if its listed ,and I missed it,but,are you running a c-4,if so what size tires,and brand, did you end up with,and can you go 65mph?thanks;Donn :guns:

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:44 am

Specs on the truck are:

351W SEFI
FMS Crate Engine
GT-40 351W lower / Cobra upper
Mustang serp (soon to be changed out for Explorer serp)
24lb injectors, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF
Chip from JDM to get it all running right with the A9L

ZF Manual tranny out of late 90s F250
Hydro clutch
BCB adapter (really Joe's) for D20

Twin stick J Shift D20

3 1/2 SL / 1" WH BL
31 spline 9" 4.56 ARB with BCB rear disk brake kit
1977 EB D44 w/disks (need to change gears to 4.56 with Aussie)

35 x 12.50 BFG KM2 on 15x10 slots

Easily runs 65 mph with the overdrive of the ZF. In low and 1st gear it will crawl up a hill without your foot on the gas.
Attachments
Engine2.JPG
Engine1.JPG
Engine.JPG

SHAWN
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SHAWN » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 am

Very nice :thumbup: !

And thank you for your service.

Shawn.
...behind every blade of grass...
..."Shall not be infringed"

E= hammer and stick.

Bandit
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

I have the wimp version of yours

Post by Bandit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm running the 351,wimp version of yours non roller basically stock,and carbed. Since your running the zf,it won't translate the same in rpms.I'm thinking 36" tires.Did your engine come configured like a mustang,in ref to the water inlet/outlet reversed to an E.B.?To run that serpentine,could you give me an idea of some of the parts,or rather the sources.I assume you left it reverse rotation water pump wise?I was hoping to hear about the water pump,serp set up,pulleys,tensioner etc.thanks

SHAWN
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Re: I have the wimp version of yours

Post by SHAWN » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Bandit wrote:Did your engine come configured like a mustang,in ref to the water inlet/outlet reversed to an E.B.?To run that serpentine,could you give me an idea of some of the parts,or rather the sources.I assume you left it reverse rotation water pump wise?I was hoping to hear about the water pump,serp set up,pulleys,tensioner etc.thanks
You still workin on that part Donn?
...behind every blade of grass...
..."Shall not be infringed"

E= hammer and stick.

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:48 am

Bandit - I think we have the same motor. FMS 351W truck motor M-6007-S58. Originally came ready for 4bbl carb with the aluminum intake.

I sourced all the EFI stuff piece by piece. (hate to link you guys to CB.com but it will just be to my EFI, ZF swap and SERP stuff :P )

EFI info:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89700

ZF info:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93390

SERP. I used a standard 89-93 Mustang setup. No smog pump. And I used the A/C eliminator kit which placed the PS pump higher up to clear the steering gear box. WP is reverse rotation with the BCB crossover tube since I had a newer Radiator that I did not want to swap out for one with the inlet/outlet switched. No issues so far.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80131
Attachments
SEFI_SERP2.JPG
SEFI_SERP.JPG
eliminator mockup.JPG
AC eliminator.JPG
A/C eliminator needed for 351W
M6007S58.jpg
Crate engine used

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 am

Some additional photos. I had to slightly notch the fan shroud for the tensioner.

Hope this all helps. If you need any other info or pics, let me know.
Attachments
Serp_Lower Rad Hose_Pipe.JPG
Serp_DS_PS Pump.JPG
Serp_Fan Shroud Notched.JPG

shamrockr
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by shamrockr » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 am

You are a God among men..I am in awe. Quck question(s)..
Why did you choose duplicolor over rustoleum originally? (less thin, and what I used).
Did you consider a topside marine paint?
I feel so validated for having done a DIY a couple weeks ago...not in your league, though! (I think the culprit was too much beer). I'm so inspired I want to start over again...maybe orange? :roll: Great color choice with that grey, too....

Okay, haven't had ANY beer, but now see your NEW paint job (a huge hint was the title). Looks even better!

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:48 am

Shamrockr - color choice and using Duplicolor was the result of get rain dumped on me every time I moved and towed the Bronco. Being in the military, I had a couple moves in a short period of time. This time period was when I had completed the bodywork and had it in primer. Had to have a quick, inexpensive solution until I could get a proper paintjob. Walked into Autozone and found Duplicolor Truck & SUV line of rattlecans. I liked the gunmetal grey (plus they had alot of cans in stock). Initial spray looked good but very thin. Decided to through the same line of clear on top of it. Ended up lasting about 3 years.

Thanks for the compliments. Guys on this board and others are the real pros that keep us amateurs focused and learning.

shamrockr
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by shamrockr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks for the info!

shamrockr
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by shamrockr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:14 am

WC,
It looks brilliant both colors.... fantastic job!

I'm readying my EB for sale to a military couple...he comes home from deployment in Nov, but I'll have it ready for his wife to do more "fun" things to before then.

To have the EB come in at budget, I'm DIY the color the young man wants...forest green. This will take the place of my DIY rustoleum John Deere Green. Rustoleum usually doesn't require primer (I sanded 'tl I felt I was in Iraq myself, though), and I'm also glad now I stopped before clear coat.
I'm a bit stuck as to whether get it down to steel for primer then duplicor, then clearcoat or just wetsand enough for rustoleum then clearcoat. I know you are busy, any suggestions are appreciated. I seem to be stuck in "no man's land".... ;)

fdezone
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by fdezone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:36 am

Absolutely gorgeous!
Failure is not an option!

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Shamrockr,

Sorry for the late reply. I am in the middle of moving from NC to WA.

When I rattlecanned mine, I took it down to metal to insure there were no surprises and then used an etching primer rattlecan, then sandable primer rattle can then the color then the clear. All cans. Color goes on fairly quickly with good coverage but the clear is very thin. I think you should be good with sanding what you have with 80 grit, then primer (same company as the paint you are going to use) then paint it.

Answer your questions?

nathaniel edwards
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Post by nathaniel edwards » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Saw the bronco...anything new on it..updated pics??

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Sorry no real updates. I have begun collecting parts for hydroboost and explorer serp. I have pretty much everything I need (PnP here is WA is great - $11 for Astro hydroboost!). Just need to send out the explorer damper to "Damper Dudes" for rebalancing. Might also swap to a 4.0 explorer radiator to get rid of the crossover and stick with common hoses. Been a couple great writeups on the 4.0 rad. Same size as our, cools great and cheap at about $120.

jprangenberg
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by jprangenberg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Love the color. Getting ready to tear down my 68 and start the project. 2 weeks away and I needed the inspiration of seeing your finished product. You raised the bar for all of us with that nice bronco of yours. Whish me luck. John :-)

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 am

Good luck Learn from the rest of our mistakes and not have to do things two or three or more times :oops:

Take it slow, catalog what you do and don't throw away anything until that particular section of the build is complete and even then, keep everything until done. Nothing like getting rid of a part that you need later :fedup:

Mine took 7 1/2 years. Most of the time was due to multiple deployments and moves. Money also played a role along with changing my mind on some things. Again, lesson here. (I still get pissed at myself for all the cost and work done on the carb setup only to switch to EFI because I found a "deal" on the 351W GT-40 lower that I could not pass up)

Bottom line is to have fun. :thumbup: It was and still is a great experience.

SuperTramp
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by SuperTramp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 am

Quick question wcdeod. What type of mirrors are you using on that beast? Thanks
Paddle faster I hear banjo music !

72_351W
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Post by 72_351W » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Absolutely nice Bronco.

Are you satified with the EFI? I have a project with an Eldebrock muliti point I have yet to start. Much is similar except I don't think I could afford the bodywork yet.

Tim
I can only afford one hobby, I guess the house and kids will have to wait.

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I am very satisfied with the EFI. I am switching to an in-tank system in the future. This is really the best way to go. I am also upgrading to a Walbro pump at that time to account for any future engine upgrades.

Still not running exactly perfect and I suspect my used injectors that I bought. I never cleaned them and I think I have some sticking or clogged. I stumbled into a great deal on some new FMS 24lb, so that should fix that problem.

Mirrors were made by a member here a few years ago. I think his contact info is posted earlier in this thread.

Since arriving in WA, I have done absolutely nothing on the Bronco to include drive it. No top and summer doors do not match the weather conditions here in the PNW.

I have to deploy again the end of next month for another 1 year tour in Iraq (my forth time) so updates will have a slightly longer gap.

Next projects are to get the very clean set of doors I got with windows rebuilt and painted to match. Then find a hardtop for the winter months, rebuild it and most likely paint it tan to compliment the red.

Again, thanks for the compliments and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Bill

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Projects left to do:

Explorer serp - on the shelf ready to go. Just need damper rebalanced by Damper Dudes to 28oz

Astro Hydroboost - $10 junkyard score. New 80 Vette MC for the disc/disc

23 gal EFI tank - sitting in garage with Walbro in-tank pump

Run wiring for ARB compressor

Project just completed:

Traded front ProtoFab bumper for a Hanson winch bumper.

Got a bunch of work to do when I come home on mid-tour leave.

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Got back from Iraq. I was able to mount up the Hanson bumper and swapped my winch cable for some rope.

Standing by in the garage for the project this week is the 23 gal EFI tank w/in-tank pump and some maintenance items since it has been sitting for a while.
Attachments
DSC00827.JPG
DSC00825.JPG
DSC00771.JPG

marc
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by marc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:59 pm

exellent job, i like the color. good to se you made it home safe. :)
Marc
-------
69, 302, zf, 205, 3.5''sl, 2''bl, d44, 9'', 456, both locked.

HELLFIRE
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by HELLFIRE » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 pm

That thing is beautiful man. Good job.
Michael Correro
1974 Explorer

FOR SALE: Five 15x10 Classic II's.

Scodge
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Scodge » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Great looking rig. What are those wheels?
Scott
-------
[0===0] '67 ragtop, 5.0 EFI, PS, PDB, D44 front axle, faded blue paint and rusty floorboards.

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

Wheels are 15x10 Slots that I reconditioned.

Scodge
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Scodge » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 am

Dammit. I thought maybe somebody was making them new. I keep hoping to find some in a 17x10.

Those look great, by the way.
Scott
-------
[0===0] '67 ragtop, 5.0 EFI, PS, PDB, D44 front axle, faded blue paint and rusty floorboards.

wcdeod
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by wcdeod » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Attachments
SLT and Krawler.jpg

Scodge
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Scodge » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 pm

17x8's and they're pretty cheap too. Nice.
Scott
-------

Andyuofa83
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Owner of this bronco

Post by Andyuofa83 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Does anyone know the owner of this bronco?
I would love to get in touch with him and see if he still owns it.
Please pass along my number if you do.
Andy
205-296-3030