BACKSEAT MODIFICATION

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.<br />
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Rollbar
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

BACKSEAT MODIFICATION

Post by Rollbar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

I am currently running the stock rear seat in my Bronco and am looking to upgrade. I know have three kids so need to see if anybody has a good mod to increase the seating capacity in the back. Is there a rear seat out there that seats three?
Thanks,
Thanks,
Bill

mikee
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

Post by mikee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I have a Tom's flip n fold. Without armrests you gain enough room to get 3 small kids in .
Attachments
CIMG0149.JPG
I can't remember half the shit I've forgotten.

73orangewhitebronco
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by 73orangewhitebronco » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am

In my last bronco, I had taken a stock seat and cut off the armrests, reinforced the back, and made new seat and back from plywood, foam, and vinyl covering to make it full width, much like the photo above. Not having arm rests, regardless of style, makes a big difference. My son sourced a third seat out of a 1990 dodge colt (I believe) that is a nice fit and folds/tumbles as well. It has a split back to fold one side or the other too.
73OrangeWhiteBronco
72 Sport, 302 with C-4 Automatic, D44 front, Ford 9" Rear, Stock Suspension, 33's, 4 point family cage, 4 core radiator, power brakes, power steering (and black paint...by the way)

Puff Daddy
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Puff Daddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

I think your biggest challenge is going to be seat belts. There are only enough stock mounting points for the stock seat belts. Any more is going to require some fabrication, which, in my opinion brings safety into question.
Tom

Uncut '73, stock 302 w/Headers, Holley TA Carb, Centech Harness, Wildhorses 3.5 inch lift.