Fuel Tank Trouble

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

lca'73
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Fuel Tank Trouble

Post by lca'73 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I've gotten my new fuel tank today, but when I got it out of the box I noticed that the fuel filler is at a pretty significant angle facing down. It doesn't look like the old one on the truck does this (though its a little hard to tell since it's still on the truck) and it seems that it might cause an issue with filling. Am I way off on this? Do I need to get them to send another one or will this one be ok?

Thanks!
Attachments
photo.JPG

Brandon
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Location: USA, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, New Zealand, & Sandy Oregon

Re: Fuel Tank Trouble

Post by Brandon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:35 pm

lca'73 wrote:Hi Guys,

I've gotten my new fuel tank today, but when I got it out of the box I noticed that the fuel filler is at a pretty significant angle facing down. It doesn't look like the old one on the truck does this (though its a little hard to tell since it's still on the truck) and it seems that it might cause an issue with filling. Am I way off on this? Do I need to get them to send another one or will this one be ok?

Thanks!

I personally would take it up with the vendor in which you bought it from. If they are of reputable status they could replace it or even see if you would accept it as is with monetary credit or store credit. Looks like it can be fixed but if you don't want to hassle with it pick up the phone and tell them the story. Let us know what happens in the end.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

oldwinghunter
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by oldwinghunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 pm

that one wont work. it needs to be straight, or even slightly bent up .. down wont work too good.
most people are absent,,, my merciful nature, and sense of fair play !

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Stan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:17 am

ya- 3 for 3 on "it's not right".
I looked at a photo of one from TBPs and the filler neck is toward the top and straight out /perpendicular from the tank.
stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

lca'73
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by lca'73 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks guys. We're going to try to straighten it today. If we can do that without compromising the weld or the tank in general, we'll use it. If not...it goes back and we'll try again next weekend. I got it from LMC because I also needed a steering wheel part that nobody else had. They're great about this kind of thing and will send a new one quickly if I need it.

lca'73
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by lca'73 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:15 pm

We were able to straighten it. Got the old one out in record slow time. Gas was nasty dark brown. Glad we're getting this done!!

lca'73
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by lca'73 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Looks great, doesn't it! :thumbup:
Attachments
image.jpg