Hard Top

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.<br />
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Calhoun687
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Hard Top

Post by Calhoun687 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 am

Hello Every, new to the group and just purchased my First Bronco a 1973, currently they have a half cab, and we would prefer a full cab, where can I find a Fiber glass cab for the 73
I have seen some steel ones, but hoping to find a light weight fiber glass

http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/sites/d ... nc%206.jpg

Thanks james
Attachments
Bronco 2.jpg

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Hey, welcome Calhoun! Very nice rig indeed too! Thanks for sharing a pic right off the bat. Interesting paint scheme pulling it all together too. Pretty unique in the Bronco world I'm thinking.

Where are you located? I know a member in Florida that's debating a used fiberglass top or not. I can get a message to her if she decides not to go that route. Frankly, I'm tending to recommend it just based on where she lives and the known rust issues these things have.

For new, I see we only list the half-cabs for some reason, but thought we could still get the full wagon style hard tops. I'll have to check on that Monday for you. Might have been some changes I'm not aware of.
I often "don't get that memo" and use that as an excuse for lack of knowledge all the time!

Maybe someone will chime in with a good used one for you. But list up what neck of the woods you're in too. That might help narrow down some, to help with shipping costs.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Stan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:44 am

Another way to significantly reduce the weight of a full hardtop is to remove the side glass and the lift gate & glass. Then replace with light/thin plexiglass if you want to seal it from the elements . Of course the look and finish would depend on your customizing abilities. I saw one like this years ago and --ah-- those boys didn't care about looks . LOL
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

PacifiQ
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Post by PacifiQ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:37 pm

well if you really want lightweight, getting a soft top can be your option

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:16 am

Good call. Because of another discussion on body weights being very close due to steel reinforcing in the glass, I was wondering if the glass hard tops are really that much lighter than a steel one?
The soft top would definitely be the winner in a weight contest. Wonder if the OP is more interested in insulation characteristics though.

Anyway, welcome too PacifiQ. Seen your posts but just had the chance to say howdy. Seems a lot of new members with the threads you brought up, but some of them are older so I guess it's not much of a storm as it is a tide.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen: