Front Seat Latches

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.<br />
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Carl
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Front Seat Latches

Post by Carl » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:27 am

I just recovered my front seats and am at lost as to the seat latch...I am an old guy (probably too old to be doing this kind of work) so please forgive me for being so dumb that I didn't check before reinstalling the seats. I now don't see where the latches hook onto. I may even have the wrong backs on the seats ( I hope not as they were a bummer to get back on.) The latches are different on each back, one is long and the other is short.
I hope someone has pictures to show how or what they hook onto...

Thanks Everyone for any help you can give me...Carl
Retired Army

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:48 am

Hey Carl. Sorry it's been so slow around here lately.
I know there are pics around, but I'd probably have trouble finding them since I don't save the locations like I used to. But maybe I can get some data for you from my seats.
I'll see what I can see when I'm near them next (maybe tomorrow?

In the meantime, I'm guessing that the short latch is on the driver's seat, since it only latches to the base of the seat.
The passenger seat latch is more of a beast because it extends past the lower portion of the seat to latch on the floor loop. Similar to a traditional footman loop, it's what we call it at least. Not sure if that's its "official" name, but most will know it that way: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/P ... Seat_Parts

You have one of these mounted to the floor still? Or buried in your pile-o-parts?

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

Carl
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Front Seat Latches

Post by Carl » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks Paul
My Bronco is a 1970 so it should be like yours.
I really appreciate the help on this. I was about ready to give up on the forum. If you could post pictures it would really help
I began to strip the inside and redo all with new parts a couple of years back like seat covers , floor cover, headliner, and door parts and more so I must have removed the loop that holds the pass. seat latch, will have to look for this and I must have covered the drivers side catch when I put on the new covers as I don't see anything there (dumb me)
Thanks
Retired Army

Carl
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Front Seat Latches

Post by Carl » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 am

I found the loop for the pass seat in my parts bin...now to figure out the drivers seat latch...any help on this would be appreciated ...Thanks
Retired Army

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Stan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Did you find the latch levers and bezels in your parts bin ? I think it would be a little tough to upholster over those if they were still in place.
On the inboard side of the seat frame there is a " plate and spring " affair that the levers screw in to.
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

Carl
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Front Seat Latches

Post by Carl » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks Stan
The latch levers are not the problem, the problem is where the latch hooks to so the seat back does not move forward. I now know the loop I have found , when I get it put back on the floor will fix the pass. seat but do not know what the drivers latch hooks to. I see nothing on the seat that it will hook onto. This is the part that I may have covered. Will remove the seat and see what I find...
Retired Army