New Foal!

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Cody
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

New Foal!

Post by Cody » Thu May 02, 2002 4:44 pm

Howdy Ladies!! I'm brand new to the list,and I wanna say THANK YOU for a place where an over retentive "originalist" such as myself can bend the ears of like minded folk. Quick Bio. Cody,29yrs.old,Houston res., always admired EB's from afar,then one day the opportunity of a lifetime fell in my way and I had to do it. Plus there were to many coincidences and I'm to sentimental and nostalgic. I'll give ya' more later.---GINGER--is a 1975 Bronco "Ranger",302-2V,C4,D44,D20,9",3.50's front and rear,NEVER TOUCHED(literally),Ginger/Black houndstooth int.,32k miles when I bought her-45k now,engine still all blue w/valvecover stickers and inspection stamps,jack(in bag)&tools, wiring,all color coded vacuum hoses,air cleaner--sticker came off, interior damn near perfect-except leading edge drivers seat...ya'll know exactly what I mean, job tickets and inspection cards still wired under pass. seat, top never off,all options exe. A/C, original manual,glow in the dark key fob(dealer),key's,spare tire rack and cover (white/black/orange), ext.color--Ginger w/vinyl graphics(orig.owner removed lower body sticks,where can I get new ones?), Items replaced since new--4 shocks,1 steering stab.,1 muffler, 4 tires,Drivers door lower rear window track,a few other little stupid things-but nothing of any importance. She's not perfect,but she's real. In that I mean, any schmuck can restore or purchase a resto'd bronc.,but few can find one this good originally and un-molested. Don't get me wrong, I'll never bump or diss a great truck,no matter how it got there. Please know that I don't mean any of this in a snooty,conceited manner,but more like dumb founded and luckier than you can ever imagine!! Now my intentions for her are not to restore squat,but preserve all I can. I grossly over analyze every squeak,bump,and rattle as I hope ya'll can understand. So I'm gonna have a billion Q's. At any time--any and all comments,suggestions,questions,congrats,and crticisms are encouraged. That is....unless you belong to the L.E.B.C.,and if you do, then you can kiss my cracker a$$!!! :) If ya'll want pic.'s,I've got a couple on my computer,but my only two interior shots look real bad due to a cheap camera and flash(so i'm told),the carpet almost looks like it doesn't match,but in person it's spot on. Thanx for reading my novel, i'll step down now,and take my box with me. me. :D [/u]
Why is there never enough time to do it right,but always enough time to do it twice

dngl
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by dngl » Fri May 03, 2002 1:08 pm

Congratulations Cody!

The best was to cut the fenders is with a Sawzall, btw! 8)

Cody
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Post by Cody » Fri May 03, 2002 4:21 pm

Thanx Buddy :) , I don't know what the is up with this site,but I just spent 15 minutes replying to your post with my no typing butt,and as soon as I hit preview...it erases it! Jesus!...who did i screw to deserve this. :lol: I'll sum up what was lost. If I wanted a boxie terd,I'd a bought a Scout. The very things that attracted us to Bronc's in the first place and made them special,indiviualistic and coool, everybody starts chopping off,to much tire,to much lift,custom interiors w/oddball seats,hood scoops,industrial waste water tubing for bumpers,and all kinda crap. I like a lifted Bronco with a set 33's or 36's on them,but there's better ways of going about it.A little more class and style.With all the attention most people pay modifying their Bronco's,you'd think they'd show a little creativity. I'd give a testicle to get to build any of the Bronco "versions" I've come up with in the last year or two. But I've got Titanic size ideas, and S.S.Minnow pockets! :) anyway,thanx again
Why is there never enough time to do it right,but always enough time to do it twice

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Tom Dummer » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:54 pm

Do to your Bronco what my DSPO did. First sell it to your teenage nephew so he can fill every dent with no less than a bucket of Bondo, and if it all dont fit, beat the hole bigger until it does. Cut a bigass hole in the dash for a radio, then wire it. Put a bigger radio in then wire it but put in new wiring and leave the old stuff in. Do this at least three times, then remove it all except the wiring. And finally, bend the seat position latch so it doesnt catch the seat anymore then break it off. Beat the truck into submission then sell it back to the uncle so I can buy it to try and salvage. Me, the guy who wanted it in the first place, before the glue-sniffin nephew could thrash it.

Broncoking63
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by Broncoking63 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:17 pm

Cody I know you your Bronco Ginger was in the first issue or Bronco driver magazine. You must be proud.

Cody
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Proud Papa?

Post by Cody » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:22 pm

You better believe I am Chief. But I wish he would've added in the 45k miles on the odometer,and all of the L.E.B.C. club info he requested and that I gave him. I really wanted to get some ink for the club. If I can start saving my pennies,I really really want to buy another Bronco so I can one to get to do something with. If anybody could possibly know how original and complete this old truck truly is they wouldn't blame me for how untouched it will remain. And thank you very much for the reply.

Broncoking63
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by Broncoking63 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:12 pm

Well I do understand. but if you are looking for a trail rig I will give you a deal on mine(only selling the "one" Bronco to get "two or three" more) it is the yellow 70' model posted here under EBs for sale. Oh and Ginger is one hell of a Bronco