trim retainers??

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

mark
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

trim retainers??

Post by mark » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:39 pm

Does anyone know where I can get trim retainers for my 70' Bronco. I found the "s" shaped ones that attach to the trim and are secured from the inside of the fender, but I need the type that are screwed into the tail gate and snap on to the trim. Any idea who might carry such a beast??

dngl
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by dngl » Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:28 pm

Try an automotive paint supply store where professional body shops get their supplies. Or, try a professional body shop who bought some from the automotive paint supply store.

And, believe it or not, if you have a good Lowe's or Home Depot, sometimes in their fasteners section they have the darndest things. Longshot, but might be able to find something that works.
dngl
'74 "Weeble" -
'73 "Wobble"
'dngl "falls down"

mark
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Thanks...

Post by mark » Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:37 pm

I tried one auto/paint supply shop with no luck. I'm going to try and find a bigger one this weekend. I didn't think about Home Depot and Lowe's though. Great Idea. Thanks!!!!

Max
Bfix Staff
Bfix Staff

Post by Max » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:14 pm

Also while your online check with aftermarket shops that deal with cars from the '70's , like Autocrafters.Clips where a lot of times NOT car specific.
You can also check a Fastner supply house OR go to a hot shot Auto Upholstery shop. Those guys might be able to hook you up. There is a manufacturer called Auveco http://www.auveco.com/
Try them as well.
Max

mark
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Thanks...

Post by mark » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:56 pm

Thanks Max.... The online fastener shop looks like is might have what I need. Do you know of a local distributor of them?? I think that I've chatted with you before. I was working at InFocus last.

Max
Bfix Staff
Bfix Staff

Post by Max » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:35 pm

Ok, I remember...

Well... I would try (actually call) Parkrose Hardware first. Another place in Portland is Chown Hardware. They have a fair bit of Automotive hardware. If you can find what you *think* you might need from Auveco's site then it should make your job that much easier WITHOUT tramping all over :)

I also saw a bunch of Auveco's stuff at a Upholstery shop in Portland , "Perfect fit-McDonald", 10th and something...eastside. uh... thats what comes to mind right now...

Max

Max
Bfix Staff
Bfix Staff

Post by Max » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:36 pm

BTW, how is Infocus???

mark
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

Thanks!!!

Post by mark » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:34 am

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the late reply I took off for the weekend. Had a good fourth. Hope you did too...

Not too sure how InFocus is doing now days. I haven't done too much work for them since December last year. Their stock isn't looking too good. Keeps dropping. Right now I'm working for a company in Hillsboro called Credence. Neat company.

Thanks again.

Mark