Wild Horses Rear quarter panels protectors

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

motoman
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Wild Horses Rear quarter panels protectors

Post by motoman » Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:05 pm

Has anyone else installed a set of the WH diamond plate rear quarter panel protectors? Last night a friend and me decided to install them. I have bobbed fenders and wide Gorilla flares so the panels needed to be trimmed. After careful measurement we went to test fit and the panels do not fit the body tight. If you get the top to fit then the bottom sticks out. If you get the front to fit then the back sticks out. Since they are 1/8" diamond plate you can not easy beat them into submission. I gave up last night and will try again tonight.

Just wondering about other people's experiences with the installation on these panels.

:?:
Thanks
Greg Banfield
aka Motoman
www.emotoman.com
Early Bronco Editor
Arizona Xtreme 4 Wheelers
Arizona Classic Broncos

motoman
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Wild Horses Rear Quarters

Post by motoman » Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:09 pm

Well, I finally got out the hammer and beat them into submission. I understand with 1/8 diamond plate you will not get an exact fit on a Bronco that is 30 years old and used. I used a 2 lb hammer and a chunk of wood and beat the crap out of them until they fit somewhat right. I used sheet metal screws to fasten them to the quarter panel.

Jim tells me he will include hardware and instructions in the sets going out from now on!

Look for an article on the install at

http://www.emotoman.com/rearqtr/rearqtr.htm
Greg Banfield
aka Motoman
www.emotoman.com
Early Bronco Editor
Arizona Xtreme 4 Wheelers
Arizona Classic Broncos