Domain name server migration for broncofix.com

Announcements, Updates, Events, etc.
john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Domain name server migration for broncofix.com

Post by john » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:57 pm

I'm in the process of completing a domain migration for broncofix.com. There is a possibility the domain will be transferred and I will be unable to set up the correct routing of the DNS without a short outage.

I will be monitoring this very closely but wanted to let you know in case you wonder what happened to the domain during this time.

This should be completed in the next 5-7 business days depending on the current registrar.

Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbup:
John
John
'74 w/ 5.0HO, C4, Atlas 4.3, hydroboost, ram steering, ARB, spool, Toyos!
Pics of my '74
www.vintagebronco.com

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Izzy3 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:25 am

What did your post say? Does anyone on the site speak webbesian? :lol:
74' Ranger

billie
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by billie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:32 am

Not sure but I think its cold in WA and John is headed to CA.

Cya
ZF-Done; 5.0 HO-Done. Stripped to the frame. The loooong road back begins!

john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by john » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:36 am

hahaha! Okay, okay...lemme try this...

Uhhh...the piece of crap might break down but I've got some bailing wire to hold 'er together if'n it happens.

:D
John
'74 w/ 5.0HO, C4, Atlas 4.3, hydroboost, ram steering, ARB, spool, Toyos!
Pics of my '74
www.vintagebronco.com

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Izzy3 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:23 am

Great job Bubba..er..Bo...er...John. Now I understand! :lol:
74' Ranger

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Formerjughead » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:52 pm

Izzy3 wrote:What did your post say? Does anyone on the site speak webbesian? :lol:
Are you calling John a "WEBBESIAN"? He doesn't even bowl.
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

billie
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by billie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Oh..... Sounds cheaper than moving to CA.

Cya
ZF-Done; 5.0 HO-Done. Stripped to the frame. The loooong road back begins!

luke b
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

Post by luke b » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:39 pm

So if the "domain" takes a crap or gets changed how long will we be without the site?? This "domain" seems to work so cant we leave it here?? It seems to be happy in this place.
Luke
"Why are you taking that apart??"
"Cause I can.."

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SaddleUp » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:33 am

All computers on networks have IP (Internet Protocal) addresses. (Including the system you are using to view this site) This is essentially a set of id numbers to identify that computer which enables computers to talk to each other. We normally do not deal with these numbers because they are hidden behind domain names. The thing that makes this possible are DNS (Domain Name Servers). The DNS servers are what your system talks to to find out what IP address matches a particular domain name. Whenever there is a change in the DNS server or when a computer moves to a different IP address the change has to be reported to the master database which then propogates the change out to each individual DNS server the next time it asks for changes. The standard says at least once every 48 hours I think (may not be exact) but quite often the individual ISP's (Your Internet Service Provider) do not have their systems configured correctly to make this check when it is supposed to. The result is that a particular Domain can get lost to some people until there ISP's DNS server gets the right IP address for it.

I know that probably doesn't help much but basically there is a change in the IP address somewhere behind the scenes (Probably from upgrading equipment) and your ISP may not notice the change right away and temporarily lose the ability to find this site on the Internet.
Check out the new Early Bronco Trail Covers at http://BroncoCovers.com

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Izzy3 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:03 am

Formerjughead wrote:
Izzy3 wrote:What did your post say? Does anyone on the site speak webbesian? :lol:
Are you calling John a "WEBBESIAN"? He doesn't even bowl.
How do you know if he uses a bowl to cut his hair?
74' Ranger

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Izzy3 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:06 am

SaddleUp wrote:All computers on networks have IP (Internet Protocal) addresses. (Including the system you are using to view this site) This is essentially a set of id numbers to identify that computer which enables computers to talk to each other. We normally do not deal with these numbers because they are hidden behind domain names. The thing that makes this possible are DNS (Domain Name Servers). The DNS servers are what your system talks to to find out what IP address matches a particular domain name. Whenever there is a change in the DNS server or when a computer moves to a different IP address the change has to be reported to the master database which then propogates the change out to each individual DNS server the next time it asks for changes. The standard says at least once every 48 hours I think (may not be exact) but quite often the individual ISP's (Your Internet Service Provider) do not have their systems configured correctly to make this check when it is supposed to. The result is that a particular Domain can get lost to some people until there ISP's DNS server gets the right IP address for it.

I know that probably doesn't help much but basically there is a change in the IP address somewhere behind the scenes (Probably from upgrading equipment) and your ISP may not notice the change right away and temporarily lose the ability to find this site on the Internet.
So you say! I say, "Saskljowin faoij jviaowie jjws oeiweiorn 04itkga iji4 409t3w ijo it." And furthermore, "Eoiwjt9234t9 j t02 gjiaowj 4t093w09j gjoij4ij aifgair iewijgi!" 8O

If you need anymore redneck web details, just ask. :P
74' Ranger

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by SaddleUp » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 am

Izzy3 wrote:
SaddleUp wrote:All computers on networks have IP (Internet Protocal) addresses. (Including the system you are using to view this site) This is essentially a set of id numbers to identify that computer which enables computers to talk to each other. We normally do not deal with these numbers because they are hidden behind domain names. The thing that makes this possible are DNS (Domain Name Servers). The DNS servers are what your system talks to to find out what IP address matches a particular domain name. Whenever there is a change in the DNS server or when a computer moves to a different IP address the change has to be reported to the master database which then propogates the change out to each individual DNS server the next time it asks for changes. The standard says at least once every 48 hours I think (may not be exact) but quite often the individual ISP's (Your Internet Service Provider) do not have their systems configured correctly to make this check when it is supposed to. The result is that a particular Domain can get lost to some people until there ISP's DNS server gets the right IP address for it.

So you say! I say, "Saskljowin faoij jviaowie jjws oeiweiorn 04itkga iji4 409t3w ijo it." And furthermore, "Eoiwjt9234t9 j t02 gjiaowj 4t093w09j gjoij4ij aifgair iewijgi!" 8O

Hey, I tried. :P Unfortunately any attempt to discuss the details will result in what you call "webbesian". For me it helps that I was a server administrator in one of my past lives. (Between WebMaster and Lead Programmer)
Check out the new Early Bronco Trail Covers at http://BroncoCovers.com

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Izzy3 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:30 am

SaddleUp wrote:
Izzy3 wrote:

Hey, I tried. :P Unfortunately any attempt to discuss the details will result in what you call "webbesian". For me it helps that I was a server administrator in one of my past lives. (Between WebMaster and Lead Programmer)
:lol: My idea of high tech is when they started making higher lift/lower duration cams to make more horsepower! :lol:
74' Ranger

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by Formerjughead » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:45 am

"I am sorry .......... I don't speak Spanish"
R. Burgundy 1983
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.