Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Prep for POR-15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Mailing List Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Felt
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Prep for POR-15 Reply with quote

Got the tub off the frame, pressure washed the frame down in the dark tonight using hot water. Then I rolled the frame into the shop and ran it up the lift, still lots of small areas where there is some grease and grime. What should I use to clean it up in preparation for POR-15? Laquer thinner, acetone, a dozen cans of brake cleaner and 50 lbs of cat litter on the shop floor? What have you guys used for this?? Any suggestions on a good brush to scrub with? I need everyone's 2 cents worth here, as I gotta get this done in the next couple days...
Dan
alpashco at cox.net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Prep for POR-15 Reply with quote

Soak with simple green, srcub her down with wire brushes, putty knives and any other similar device to remove all the nasty stuff, then do it again(simple green or similar) then clear water rinse real well, then use the POR metal prep.  This is what I did to my axles and they are holding up fine so far.

Allen Wells
1970 - NV3550, 5.5" total lift,
44/BB9", 4whl disc, 4.56's and a Ron Davis radiator for that NASCAR feel!
2003 F350 SD CC 7.3 PSD 4X4
Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
-----Original Message-----
From: mail-owner@broncofix.com [mailto:mail-owner@broncofix.com]On Behalf Of Bronco
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 10:24 PM
To: mail@broncofix.com
Subject: [Bfix] Prep for POR-15

Got the tub off the frame, pressure washed the frame down in the dark tonight using hot water. Then I rolled the frame into the shop and ran it up the lift, still lots of small areas where there is some grease and grime. What should I use to clean it up in preparation for POR-15? Laquer thinner, acetone, a dozen cans of brake cleaner and 50 lbs of cat litter on the shop floor? What have you guys used for this?? Any suggestions on a good brush to scrub with? I need everyone's 2 cents worth here, as I gotta get this done in the next couple days...
Dan
Mark Troy
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Prep for POR-15 Reply with quote

You want to use a degreaser that leaves no residual.
I take it you did not get their marine clean product.
Scrub using steel wool, wire brushes, toothbrushes
Did you wire wheel the frame with a hand grinder before degreasing?
That process removed a lot of my grease.
HTH
Mark
EBR #0643
in LaPorte NW Indiana
www.marktroy.classicbroncos.com
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: mail@broncofix.com (mail@broncofix.com)
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 12:24 AM
Subject: [Bfix] Prep for POR-15

Dan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Mailing List Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: