Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Posting an Attachment example

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Shootin' the Breeze
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Posting an Attachment example Reply with quote

When you want to post an attachment, you'll create a new topic (under whatever category makes sense) and then you will see the "Add an Attachment" function in the topic window. You can browse your hard drive for the images and then when you *submit* your post, it will automatically be uploaded and posted to the board. You can then view your post and attachments.

Each post can have up to 3 images attached to it. Or you can reply to your own post and add additional images. Very Happy

Hope you all like it. Drop me a note if you have any questions. John

I've included the following example of a couple cheesy image of my bronco I found and uploaded from my hard drive. These are old but an example of what you can do.

Remember you need to be registered for the board in order to post. You can do that here: http://www.broncofix.com/board/profile.php?mode=register

arm1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.99 KB
 Viewed:  15755 Time(s)

arm1.jpg

evnscrk18.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.27 KB
 Viewed:  15744 Time(s)

evnscrk18.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
venom
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Broncofix Message Board Picture Uploading How To Reply with quote

Posting pictures to the message board is pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. It's very similar to attaching a file, like a picture or document to a e-mail message. But instead of an e-mail message, you are are creating a message on the board. So here is a step by step How To to guide you through posting pictures on the internet for everyone to see without the hassle of maintaining your own web page.

1) Go to http://www.broncofix.com/
2) Click on "Message Board" which will take you to the main topic area of the message board.
3) Pick a topic area that is appropriate for the material you want to upload, ie engine pics would be in the "Drivetrain" area or rear coil conversion pics would go in the "Suspension" area and then click on it to go into that particular forum.
4) When you arrive in the desired forum, click on "New Topic" if you have a new idea, or you can "Post Reply" an existing group of messages that you wish to participate in.
5) In either case, you start a new message to the board that has a Subject Line, an area for the body of the message and directly below this, an area called "Add An Attachment".
6) To add an attachment, you need to select the particular file you wish to upload by finding it on your hard drive. To do this, click on the "Browse" button which brings up a directory on your hard drive. If the first directory does not have the picture you want, click the down arrow on the upper box to find the appropriate directory. Once you find the picture on your hard drive, click on it which selects it then hit "Open".
7) This takes you back to the Broncofix message board, but now the name of your file and where it is located on your hard drive is in the upper box.
8) To attach the file to the message, you then need to click "Add Attachment". Before you click this button, you can also put a caption in for the picture if you want in the "File Comment" area. Once you're happy with the file and the comment, then click the "Add Attachment" button. The page will refresh and the field's (boxes) for adding an attachment will be blank, but if you look a little further below, there is a new area called "Posted Attachments" which shows the name of the file you've uploaded and your comment.
9) At this point you can 1 of 3 things, you can 1)add another attachment, 2) delete the attachment which was uploaded if it isn't the one you wanted, 3) change the comment or 4) "Submit" message.
10) If you're done adding pictures (up to 8 pics allowed per post), go ahead and click the "Submit" button. When you do this, you are sending your entire message to the Broncofix web server. So when it arrives on the server, it will be in the forum that you started in, have the subject and body of your message, and your attached pictures and captions.

I went ahead and created a new message (this one) which I am uploading to the "Shootin' the Sh...err...Breeze" area. I also attached a file just for fun.

i-1_b_l.jpg
 Description:
Land Rover Military Lightweight
 Filesize:  47.05 KB
 Viewed:  15649 Time(s)

i-1_b_l.jpg

T@T
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just had to see if I was smart enough to do it. And if this works thanks. My shoulders will be back a little farther today.

superliftrun.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.9 KB
 Viewed:  14959 Time(s)

superliftrun.jpg

luke b
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test

50.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.27 KB
 Viewed:  500 Time(s)

50.JPG

ItsaBronco
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only picture.. Sad until i get home.

Waiting till the day i come home.
Then its Bronco building time.
Fuck Afghanistan.

CPL Jones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Shootin' the Breeze All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: