How big of tires

Tie rods, steering box, drag link, alignment.<br />
What tires fit, brands, sizes, beadlocks, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

Huntinghank
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

How big of tires

Post by Huntinghank » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm

We have a1969 bronco, back finders cut, not lifted. How wide of rims and how big of tires can we put on her?

jack70
BFix Built
BFix Built

Post by jack70 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 pm

A lot depends on how you use it. Off road/street, etc. What fits for the street without rubbing might not work off road. What size is on it right now?
Most people my age are grownups!
70 Half Cab
73 Stock Wgn
If Broncos were easy, J**p owners would drive them.

Huntinghank
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"

How big of tires

Post by Huntinghank » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Jack, we use her for mostly street and some off road, she now has what was on her when we bought her. 30 X 9.50

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Which is probably the most common size for the setup you have.
A stock height truck with both fenders cut will easily fit 32x11.50x15 tires on 7", or even some 8" wheels.
A stock height truck with both fenders REALLY cut, will fit 33x12.50x15's on 8" wheels. Even some 10's, but that's usually pushing it outward enough to cause some issues. But again, only on "some" Broncos.
With the front uncut, you can almost fit those 32's, but when I tried it I rubbed pretty good with the wheels that were on the truck when I got it. Might have been fine when I used the 7" wide ones with more backspacing, but I'll never know because I had already cut it by then to get the balanced look of both ends using fender flares. I just like the look better.

You can sometimes get away with just cutting the inner fender skirt on the trailing edge of the front openings. I even had to trim those down more to fit the 32's with cutouts.
Seem to be a few good choices for taller, but still narrow tires in the Metric sizes. Maybe a 245x75x15 would fit? Don't know, but you could measure one to find out.

So you can fit quite a few different sizes, but wheel width and offset can make or break the deal.

Good luck.

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen: