Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
How big of tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Steering, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huntinghank
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: How big of tires Reply with quote

We have a1969 bronco, back finders cut, not lifted. How wide of rims and how big of tires can we put on her?
jack70
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on how you use it. Off road/street, etc. What fits for the street without rubbing might not work off road. What size is on it right now?
If Broncos were easy, J**p owners would drive them.
Huntinghank
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: How big of tires Reply with quote

Jack, we use her for mostly street and some off road, she now has what was on her when we bought her. 30 X 9.50
DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is probably the most common size for the setup you have.
A stock height truck with both fenders cut will easily fit 32x11.50x15 tires on 7", or even some 8" wheels.
A stock height truck with both fenders REALLY cut, will fit 33x12.50x15's on 8" wheels. Even some 10's, but that's usually pushing it outward enough to cause some issues. But again, only on "some" Broncos.
With the front uncut, you can almost fit those 32's, but when I tried it I rubbed pretty good with the wheels that were on the truck when I got it. Might have been fine when I used the 7" wide ones with more backspacing, but I'll never know because I had already cut it by then to get the balanced look of both ends using fender flares. I just like the look better.

You can sometimes get away with just cutting the inner fender skirt on the trailing edge of the front openings. I even had to trim those down more to fit the 32's with cutouts.
Seem to be a few good choices for taller, but still narrow tires in the Metric sizes. Maybe a 245x75x15 would fit? Don't know, but you could measure one to find out.

So you can fit quite a few different sizes, but wheel width and offset can make or break the deal.

Good luck.

Paul

Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Steering, Brakes, Wheels and Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: