Help with window trim

Colors, replacement panels, paint, OEM and stock info.<br />
Seats, hard/soft tops, gauges, dash, etc.

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

meadowlarkmach
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Help with window trim

Post by meadowlarkmach » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Anyone selling complete chrome trim for a '76 wagon? Or has anyone gone the route of cleaning them up and using a powder coat system. I've seen some powder coat ads that had a bright silver plus a clear powder coat.
Thanks,
Max
1976 Bronco

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

Post by DirtDonk » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 pm

We sell most of the bits and clips. I don't think that all the original stuff is reproduced yet, or if it is, I haven't seen it.
Have the body trim, grille trim, and windshield trim molding, and most of the clippy dealies. Nothing for the door window frames, the top drip rail, or the side and back windows.

Have heard of some people doing restorations, but not sure what the prep is on a piece like ours. How does a material like this handle the 350° or so of the powder coating process?

Paul
'71 Bronco - 302 4v
3.5" WH/Skyjacker Lift
33 x 11.50 x15 Thornbirds on 15x7 Enkei's
Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM :mrgreen:

meadowlarkmach
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

Post by meadowlarkmach » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:40 am

Withstanding the 350 deg is a major concern. I've read some web articles on dipping the pieces in a cut in half longwise pvc tubing. The mixture is a solution of Drano and water. I've also seen suggested Red Devil lye which I've never heard of before. This process takes the anodizing off, leaving you with pieces that can be polished, but will need constant upkeep.
Max
1976 Bronco