Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
PTO Driven Winch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Parts: Buy, Sell, Trade, Mass Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukongene
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: PTO Driven Winch Reply with quote

Anyone Have info on PTO from xfer case to front bumper winch on '68 Bronco I own I Believe its original . Bought truck from original owner .
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of information are you after?

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
yukongene
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering if it was an option from Ford and how common it is . Also its on 3speed standard will it work on my other '67 Bronco with a C4 auto trans ?
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a factory option. The last place I worked we had 4 early Broncos there. 3 of which had the Koenig PTO winch and all three were different from each other, all were a factory option.
Since it connects to the Dana 20 Tcase, it should work just fine with whatever tranny you use, you may have to change the PTO driveline though. I went from a 3 speed to an NP435 and didn't change anything but the shifter mounting position of the Tcase.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
yukongene
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Just kinda got used to using the clutch to pull the cable and didnt know if an auto would give me less control .
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never dealt with the pto on the auto. I'm pretty sure one of the Broncos where I was had an auto.

yukongene
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Im gonna have to think this one over a little before I start messin with this one Good Talkin to Ya
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You joined a year and a half ago? You are allowed to post more than that.

TonyNokes
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the PTO on my '66 and I switched it to an auto transmission. It does make it a little harder to control becasue even with the transmission in Neutral it will still spin the gears in the transfer case. So, I often shut the engine off to engage the PTO. The auto can make things like taking up the slack easier and modulating the amount of pull easier. You do have to watch how you let it shift however because it can start pulling the cable in way too fast if your not on top of it. I usually lock it into first gear. Oh, and you may have to modify the PTO driveline to clear the transmission pad, I did for both the AOD and 4R70W but the C4 I have no experiance with.

Regards, Tony

66' 5.8L SEFI Super Charged, 4R70W, 4.88, 35" BFG's. Hydroboost, D44 w/trac-lock, HD axles. 9" w/ARB, Dutchman axles, Trusses and Lincoln disks all around, F150 PS, factory PTO winch & bumper, 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body, 14" 7100's Bilstiens, CAGE arms & springs, TRO, OBA, Yorkston Trackbar conversion, 3 fuel tanks...
chrlsful
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere around i have the paper that wuz on the sun visor that listed the "danger this, danger that" w/the PTO. Also the instructions. Don't B emember if it wuz 4 auto or manie. Many also had the firestone air bags inside the frnt coils (weight of the winch, I guess). I will look 4 it if asked...meanwhile

I need info on the auger/drill attached to 1 of these. Fella said he saw 1 in the bed! wanna set one up on frnt bumper...

69broncoman
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: PTO Reply with quote

do you have a pto or winch or bumper for sale or do you know where I can find some?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Parts: Buy, Sell, Trade, Mass Buy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: