Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
2 concerns oil dipstick tube comes off. engine won't start after driving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Drivetrain and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon619
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: 2 concerns oil dipstick tube comes off. engine won't start after driving Reply with quote

Hello! New to this world. But already love my 1989 bronco. Truck has some issues but two very noticeable ones are:
1. The oil dipstick tube falls out. Is that an easy fix?
2. After driving the truck four about 50 minutes i parked and then went to turn it back on maybe 5 minutes later and it wouldn't turn over. Gave it about 30 minutes, it was back on. Any known fixes?

Thanks!
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the dipstick tube & clean it up really well as well as the hole it came out of, try and work the tube out a little larger to fit more snug, OR- mix me up a little JBweld and wrap the end really lightly & stuff it back together. Might work might not.

The driving thing has come down to a few different things over the years. One is to check your connections, at the battery (both connections here), at the starter and at the ground point on the engine. If it still does it, you might replace the starter, the heat really does a number on them. Fix a heat shield on it if you're feeling really handy.

Good luck and watch out for that Neverstuk guy on here, he's kinds crazy.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Drivetrain and Suspension All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: