Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Which EFI to install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Drivetrain and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncovet
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Which EFI to install? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am looking to make the switch to EFI and I need some help to decide which unit to go with. I see most of the bronco websites all sell the atomic units but the shop that I have contacted highly recommends the fast units. Can you please give me some input for my pony?

Thanks

Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't installed one so can't say from personal experience but one of my local Bronco/4x4 shops recommend the Fast - Unless it's the same shop you contacted - that's two .
I hear the Atomic is a good setup but if i remember correctly when i checked on it a few years ago it'll run pretty close to $3000 by the time i was done.
The Fi Tech systems are pretty popular right now and are generally getting good reviews. The biggest/most complaints I've read so far is availability . They're experiencing too much early success and are struggling to keep up with issues associated with that. Not just the EB guys but mustang,Corvet ,Camaro,Pickups - etc owers are jumping on it.
I'm going to wait untill next winter and see if things calm down with the FI Tech systems.

broncovet
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stan. Does anyone else have any experience with the Fi Tech units? For 1/3 the cost of the atomic it sure is tempting to try.
DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said. Wonder what they were thinking, selling a fairly sophisticated unit for $800 when the competition was at $2000?
We've had them trickling in since the beginning of the feeding frenzy, but they go out the same day. So the only way to get your name on one is to, well, put your name on one!

Anyway, the reports are pretty much the same as the other units. Anyone putting one (or any EFI) on a Bronco with a questionable wiring system has the same teething problems and learning curve as any other brand.
Once they're up and running, I don't see how most people could tell the difference between one and the other unless their engine build was borderline in the cam and intake manifold department.

What I mean by that is that TBI systems "can be" finicky with regard to using a divided plenum dual-plane manifold. And the wrong cam for EFI in general will make some more finicky than others.
Justin here at Wild Horses (you can give him a call and talk about it anytime by the way) has used Edelbrock, MSD Atomic, and now FiTech and it's by far his favorite. Being less susceptible to the little foibles mentioned above.

He and Johnny (Atomic) and Jim (Ford EFI) just got back from the Rubicon Bronco trip last week or so and they all had great running engines.
Johnny's in a position to try the FiTech too, but he's still so happy with the Atomic he's not touching it for any amount of fame or money. Once he got the initial setup right (three years now and running) he's refused to even mess with the timing.
Justin's all grins with the FiTech.
All reports of the FAST units (various iterations over the years) have been pretty positive too.
Hard to argue against any of them then.

Sorry that didn't narrow it down for you. But it does at least say it's hard to go wrong as well.

Paul

Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM Mr. Green
broncovet
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Just put my order in for the FiTech. Looking forward to getting it up and going soon. Will let you know how it goes!

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Drivetrain and Suspension All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: