Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
1966 Bronco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bodywork, Paint, Cages, Specs, OEM, Dash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roberttid
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: 1966 Bronco Reply with quote

Is there a way to search for VIN numbers still registered by the DMV. My 1966 Bronco was purchased new, by me and according to the salesman, only 50 units were built using Mustang Pony seat coverings due to a shortage of standard bronco upholstery. I would like to know how rare my Bronco is.
DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of anyone knowing just how many Pony Interiors were installed. So that's interesting info right there! Where is this guy from?
But yes, any EB with an original Pony interior would be somewhat rare. I'm not aware of any search engine for '66 models. Even Marti reports don't exist for them until '68.
The VIN would not tell you anything about options anyway. It's all in the warranty tag on the driver's kick-panel or lost to time with the original build sheet. VIN's on Broncos only tell you the general date it was manufactured, but nothing about options. And since Broncos were built on the same assembly line as the full-size trucks back then, you could have one EB with a number 150 units apart from another, and they may very well have been sequential Broncos.

Sorry not much help. We've often wondered who's idea it was, or why they ran Pony interiors on EB's. But it makes sense that if they ran out of material (which was one of the scenarios put forth) they could easily have adapted the front seats because they were virtually the same in Mustangs. The back was different, which is how we know it wasn't just an accidental using of Mustang stuff on a Bronco. Someone had to say "do it" to keep things rolling.

Got pics of yours?

Paul

Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM Mr. Green
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Paul said - I knew he would explain it better than I would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bodywork, Paint, Cages, Specs, OEM, Dash All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: