Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
B.C. Broncos Hood Shocks.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl
Bfix Staff
Bfix Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: B.C. Broncos Hood Shocks. Reply with quote

B.C. Broncos Hood Shocks.

Now here is a discovery. Once in awhile something comes along that is SO easy it hurts. BC Bronco's hood shocks are a unique alternative to the current Bronco prop rod. I really had no reason to buy the hood shocks. All I know is they looked cool. I was in a position when I repainted my bronco last summer to splurge. Chuck has put in his due diligence and come up with just the correct parts to make this swap a breeze. All the brackets fit like they are supposed to, the shocks are the appropriate length and all the drilling diagrams are right on the money.

After reviewing the directions for a few minutes and laying out all the parts, I grabbed the handy drill and went to town on the hood. 8 holes later and a few minutes with a screwdriver the shocks were locked cocked and ready to rock. 15 minutes is all it took! Now was the moment of truth. The hood at this point had been pushed back against the windshield frame.

As you drop the hood you simply click one side of the hood shock into place then do the other side. Now the hood was support in an open position. At this point you can literally grab the lip of the hood and pull it down to shut. About 2/3 of the way down, you are holding up most of the weight until it closes. When you open the hood itís just reverse, itís no different than opening your standard hood UNTIL you reach the 1/3 mark, at which time the lift shocks take over and you can just let go. The hood opened perfectly! Wow! That's all there is to it. Now you could probably make a kit yourself but you need to think, "How much time does it take to fab brackets or to get the right length shock? To get the correct hole locations? The right amount of fasteners?"

All this is done and for a mere few bucks. I can do this all day long in my own metal shop but my time is much too valuable for a product that Chuck has already R&Díd. Call Chuck toll free at (888) 304-2945 or visit his website at BC Broncos. You'll dig them, I know!

Cleatus[img][/img][img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Tech Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: