Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    
 


Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Poll on steering wheel size

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Mailing List Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
muddywater
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded


Joined: 04 Oct 2003
Posts: 551
Location: louisiana Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Poll on steering wheel size Reply with quote

Here is a new poll: What is the best steering wheel diameter for the EB with power steering? 13.5/ 14/ 14.5/ 15 inches?? I have always run the small diameter whell in the 13.5- 13.75 size. Always felt like it was a bit on the small size and was considering jumping to a 14.5-15 wheel. Course my box isa 77 4 turn box.

Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wesnjusa at netscape.net
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Poll on steering wheel size Reply with quote

I have the Close ratio PS box from Toms with a 13.75 grant wheel and I like the hell out of it. A little over a year ago I had the stock '68 manual Steering box with the stock Large diameter wheel. They worked well together but what I have now is like a dream compared to the old combo.

nate
'68

"Ben Franklin" <bfranklinisg@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Here is a new poll: What is the best steering wheel diameter for the EB with power steering? 13.5/ 14/ 14.5/ 15 inches?? I have always run the small diameter whell in the 13.5- 13.75 size. Always felt like it was a bit on the small size and was considering jumping to a 14.5-15 wheel. Course my box is a 77 4 turn box.
>
>Ben
>


--
nate
'68


__________________________________________________________________
Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
********************* BFix Site Sponsor ****************************
Cage Offroad Suspension lifts, Offroad accessories and more!
http://www.cageoffroad.com
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
List help? http://www.broncofix.com or email to: admin@broncofix.com
Back to top
Captain Air Time
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded


Joined: 07 Jan 2002
Posts: 1218
Location: Campbell River BC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Poll on steering wheel size Reply with quote

My first upgrade (stock 77) was a 14.5” wheel. The consensus at the time was that anything smaller would be way too small. It later changed to a 14. and that I couldn’t really notice. My friend’s 76 needed a change, so he put on this tiny little wheel, I thought it was 12” or something. Way smaller than mine, anyway. I drove that truck quite a bit, and after a short adjustment period, it was great. He’s got a 13.5 on his ’78 now, same thing. The 76 eventually had its box destroyed in a collision with a stump, and all we could find was a 6 turn box to replace it. Even with the tiny wheel, it was scary to drive, you just couldn’t crank it fast enough to correct the short wheelbase twitches Wink Like everything else, you get used to it, but if you have something to compare to, IME smaller and faster is better.


From: mail-owner@broncofix.com [mailto:mail-owner@broncofix.com] On Behalf Of Roger
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 9:50 AM
To: mail@broncofix.com
Subject: RE: [Bfix] Poll on steering wheel size


I prefer the 14.2875643" to 14.2875688 myself.






Quote:

-----Original Message-----
From: mail-owner@broncofix.com [mailto:mail-owner@broncofix.com] On Behalf Of Ben Franklin
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 9:18 AM
To: bronco list
Cc: ecbr@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bfix] Poll on steering wheel size
Here is a new poll: What is the best steering wheel diameter for the EB with power steering? 13.5/ 14/ 14.5/ 15 inches?? I have always run the small diameter whell in the 13.5- 13.75 size. Always felt like it was a bit on the small size and was considering jumping to a 14.5-15 wheel. Course my box isa 77 4 turn box.



Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ransil at pa.net
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Poll on steering wheel size Reply with quote

I had one of those, what an job that was. You also learn real quick when
running a front locker not to stick any fingers inside the steering wheel.

Randy S

At 01:06 PM 12/16/2004, you wrote:

>Betcha wouldn't have liked that 13.75 wheel with manual steering though lol!
>
>Ben
>----- Original Message ----- From: "wesn24" <wesnjusa@netscape.net>
>To: ""Ben Franklin"" <bfranklinisg@earthlink.net>; ""bronco list""
><mail@broncofix.com>
>Cc: <ecbr@yahoogroups.com>
>Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 11:48 AM
>Subject: RE: [Bfix] Poll on steering wheel size
>
>
>>I have the Close ratio PS box from Toms with a 13.75 grant wheel and I
>>like the hell out of it. A little over a year ago I had the stock '68
>>manual Steering box with the stock Large diameter wheel. They worked
>>well together but what I have now is like a dream compared to the old combo.
>>
>>nate
>>'68
>>
>>"Ben Franklin" <bfranklinisg@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Here is a new poll: What is the best steering wheel diameter for the EB
>>>with power steering? 13.5/ 14/ 14.5/ 15 inches?? I have always run the
>>>small diameter whell in the 13.5- 13.75 size. Always felt like it was a
>>>bit on the small size and was considering jumping to a 14.5-15 wheel.
>>>Course my box is a 77 4 turn box.
>>>
>>>Ben
>>
>>
>>--
>>nate
>>'68
>>
>>
>>__________________________________________________________________
>>Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
>>As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
>>
>>Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
>>
>>New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
>>Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
>>Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
>
>********************* BFix Site Sponsor ****************************
>Cage Offroad Suspension lifts, Offroad accessories and more!
>http://www.cageoffroad.com
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>List help? http://www.broncofix.com or email to: admin@broncofix.com
>
>
>
>
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.809 / Virus Database: 551 - Release Date: 12/09/2004
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Mailing List Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

Brought to you by The Bronco Horde and Vintage Bronco