Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Domain name server migration for broncofix.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Domain name server migration for broncofix.com Reply with quote

I'm in the process of completing a domain migration for broncofix.com. There is a possibility the domain will be transferred and I will be unable to set up the correct routing of the DNS without a short outage.

I will be monitoring this very closely but wanted to let you know in case you wonder what happened to the domain during this time.

This should be completed in the next 5-7 business days depending on the current registrar.

Let me know if you have any questions. big thumb up
John

www.vintagebronco.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did your post say? Does anyone on the site speak webbesian? Laughing
billie
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure but I think its cold in WA and John is headed to CA.

Cya

john
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha! Okay, okay...lemme try this...

Uhhh...the piece of crap might break down but I've got some bailing wire to hold 'er together if'n it happens.

Very Happy

www.vintagebronco.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Bubba..er..Bo...er...John. Now I understand! Laughing
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzy3 wrote:

Are you calling John a "WEBBESIAN"? He doesn't even bowl.

billie
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh..... Sounds cheaper than moving to CA.

Cya

luke b
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the "domain" takes a crap or gets changed how long will we be without the site?? This "domain" seems to work so cant we leave it here?? It seems to be happy in this place.
Luke

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All computers on networks have IP (Internet Protocal) addresses. (Including the system you are using to view this site) This is essentially a set of id numbers to identify that computer which enables computers to talk to each other. We normally do not deal with these numbers because they are hidden behind domain names. The thing that makes this possible are DNS (Domain Name Servers). The DNS servers are what your system talks to to find out what IP address matches a particular domain name. Whenever there is a change in the DNS server or when a computer moves to a different IP address the change has to be reported to the master database which then propogates the change out to each individual DNS server the next time it asks for changes. The standard says at least once every 48 hours I think (may not be exact) but quite often the individual ISP's (Your Internet Service Provider) do not have their systems configured correctly to make this check when it is supposed to. The result is that a particular Domain can get lost to some people until there ISP's DNS server gets the right IP address for it.

I know that probably doesn't help much but basically there is a change in the IP address somewhere behind the scenes (Probably from upgrading equipment) and your ISP may not notice the change right away and temporarily lose the ability to find this site on the Internet.

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formerjughead wrote:
Izzy3 wrote:

Are you calling John a "WEBBESIAN"? He doesn't even bowl.

How do you know if he uses a bowl to cut his hair?

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaddleUp wrote:
All computers on networks have IP (Internet Protocal) addresses. (Including the system you are using to view this site) This is essentially a set of id numbers to identify that computer which enables computers to talk to each other. We normally do not deal with these numbers because they are hidden behind domain names. The thing that makes this possible are DNS (Domain Name Servers). The DNS servers are what your system talks to to find out what IP address matches a particular domain name. Whenever there is a change in the DNS server or when a computer moves to a different IP address the change has to be reported to the master database which then propogates the change out to each individual DNS server the next time it asks for changes. The standard says at least once every 48 hours I think (may not be exact) but quite often the individual ISP's (Your Internet Service Provider) do not have their systems configured correctly to make this check when it is supposed to. The result is that a particular Domain can get lost to some people until there ISP's DNS server gets the right IP address for it.

I know that probably doesn't help much but basically there is a change in the IP address somewhere behind the scenes (Probably from upgrading equipment) and your ISP may not notice the change right away and temporarily lose the ability to find this site on the Internet.

So you say! I say, "Saskljowin faoij jviaowie jjws oeiweiorn 04itkga iji4 409t3w ijo it." And furthermore, "Eoiwjt9234t9 j t02 gjiaowj 4t093w09j gjoij4ij aifgair iewijgi!" Shocked

If you need anymore redneck web details, just ask. Razz

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzy3 wrote:
SaddleUp wrote:

So you say! I say, "Saskljowin faoij jviaowie jjws oeiweiorn 04itkga iji4 409t3w ijo it." And furthermore, "Eoiwjt9234t9 j t02 gjiaowj 4t093w09j gjoij4ij aifgair iewijgi!" Shocked

Hey, I tried. Razz Unfortunately any attempt to discuss the details will result in what you call "webbesian". For me it helps that I was a server administrator in one of my past lives. (Between WebMaster and Lead Programmer)

Izzy3
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaddleUp wrote:
Izzy3 wrote:
SaddleUp wrote:

Hey, I tried. Razz Unfortunately any attempt to discuss the details will result in what you call "webbesian". For me it helps that I was a server administrator in one of my past lives. (Between WebMaster and Lead Programmer)

Laughing My idea of high tech is when they started making higher lift/lower duration cams to make more horsepower! Laughing

Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am sorry .......... I don't speak Spanish"
R. Burgundy 1983

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: