Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
SOB 10 Trail Run - Info. & Sign Up
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: SOB 10 Trail Run - Info. & Sign Up Reply with quote

TSF Trail Ride - Reply below to sign up for the trail run.

What?
    The Tillamook State Forest Trail Ride will be a ride through the beautiful Tillamook State Forest on a variety of terrain from mild stuff to wild stuff. For the wild stuff there will be alternate routes for those of you that prefer to just watch. (See below for more details) Another words, you get to choose whether you just want to take a fairly relaxing drive on the trails or push your rig and off road driving skills to the limits. There will also be a couple of places that will make great photo opportunities for you to “Pose” your rig out in the woods. I will be taking pictures during this run with the intention of getting it used for a Bronco Driver article.

This year there will only be one trail ride planned. (Or rather trail rides will only be planned one day) In the past we tentatively planned a Saturday run but it just never worked out. Planning it on Friday only also gives us more opportunity to take a group or two to the extreme stuff that we have avoided in the past. This year we are planning to run 2 different levels of trails. They will be Moderate to Difficult, and Wild(Extreme). The Moderate group will go to trails where they may encounter a variety of terrain. For this group 4WD should be all that is necessary. This group may encounter some more difficult areas but they will usually have the option to either just watch or participate at those places. The Wild group will go primarily to the most extreme areas where body damage and mechanical breakdown are not unusual. Anyone participating in this group will need lockers and/or a good winch. There will be rock crawling and perhaps steep hills to encounter for this group. Most but not all of it will be optional. I.E. This group should have at least a moderate skill level even if they just plan to watch at the most extreme places. When replying below be sure to note what skill level you wish to run.

When?
    Friday: We will meet at the registration area at 9:00 AM and depart for the trails. (We will plan to head back to Sand Lake around 5:00 PM) If you are planning to come down Friday morning and would like to meet at the trailheads instead please contact me via email at SOB10TSFRun@Sims2Programs.com for directions.

Sign up for the Friday run by replying below or send an email to SOB10TSFRun@Sims2Programs.com Be sure to note the group you wish to ride with.

Where?
    We will depart for the trail runs from the SOB Registration area and then meet anyone coming straight from home at the trailhead approx. 1 hour later. There will be room there to park trailers for those that wish to trailer your rig up from Sand Lake.
(Please contact me for directions if you wish to meat at the trailhead) At the trailheads each group will have a brief meeting to cover some trail basics.
What to bring?
    Bring yourself, your rig, snacks, and drinking water. Also review the special regulations in place in the forest for information that will also pertain to these runs listed below (Most are also requirements at the Sand Lake ORV area) and the list of optional items.

What "NOT" to bring?
    Leave the alcohol back at camp. It is both illegal to drink and drive on the trails and it has no place there.

Limitations?
    In order to ensure everyone’s enjoyment the trail runs may be limited so sign up early. (We plan to keep the number of rigs per trail leader to about 10)

Communication?
    Be sure to check with your trail leader to find out what CB channel to run.

Trail leaders/volunteers:
(About us)

Rick Halle (Saddle Up)
    Tom Dummer
    Dan George
    Mike (ORVP) - Tentative
    StarkyPDX
    Bent Bronco (Ryan)
    Eric

If you would like to volunteer to help out with the trail runs send me an email. We need both trail leaders and assistants. Assistants don't necessarily need to know these trails but do need to be trail savvy.

There will be special requirements in the TSF that each of the participants will be responsible for.
    OHV Regulations for CLASS II, FOUR-WHEEL DRIVES. Operating a 4wd on designated trails you need the following items: ATV Sticker, Adequate muffler at 99db or less, & a valid driver’s license. (This is also required for Sand Lake)

ODF restrictions and requirements that are probably going to be in place due to the fire hazard in the forest that will pertain to our run:
    • Smoking prohibited while traveling, except in closed vehicles on improved roads.
    • Possession of the following fire fighting equipment required while traveling, except on state and county roads: one gallon of water or one operational 2 1/2 pound or larger fire extinguisher and one shovel. (Fire Extinguishers are also required for Sand Lake)
    • Cutting, grinding and welding of metal prohibited.

Optional Items:
    • CB
    • TSF OHV Guide
    • Tools
    • Winch
    • Leather Gloves
    • Clevis
    • Tow Strap
    • Tree Saver (Must use a tree saver if you winch from trees)
    • Extra fluids (Oil, etc.)
    • Tire deflators
    • Co2 Tank or air pump
    • GPS
    • Hi Lift Jack
    • First Aid Kit
    • UHF Radio
    • Spare parts (Axles, U-Joints, etc.)
    • Camera
    • Sun Screen
    • Cell Phone (For emergency use only if necessary)
    • Compass

Special Request: Trail leaders will have extra trash bags. We would ask that each of you do your part and use these for any of your trash. For obvious reasons it is in our best interest to keep the trails well maintained so we would also request that each of you pick up any trash you might find laying on the trails. As it is there are a number of areas that already have been closed due to the abuse of others.

Don’t forget to sign up. If you wait until the trail runs begin there is no guarantee that you will be able to go due to limitations on how many can participate.

Additional Notes:
    When riding on any trail run the following should always be observed. First: The person that is leading and the person at the rear of the group must both have CB radios and stay in contact with each other at all times.
    Second: Whenever approaching a split or intersection in the trail always stop and be sure the person behind you arrives at the intersection and knows which direction to go before proceeding.
    Third: Do not depart from the group without first talking to the trail leader.

If everyone observes the above notes then no one will ever be left behind on the trails.

If you have any additional questions either reply below or send an email to me at SOB10TSFRun@Sims2Programs.com

Last edited by SaddleUp on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:39 am; edited 9 times in total
RT
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put us down for the moderate run ,,,,,I'll try to remember to lock my hubs this time,, Razz
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHOTGUN!!!!!!
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formerjughead wrote:
SHOTGUN!!!!!!
Does this mean you will be driving or riding?
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaddleUp wrote:
Formerjughead wrote:
SHOTGUN!!!!!!
Does this mean you will be driving or riding?

Riding if someone wants a co-pilot

Brad

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the running list so far. (I'll update it as people post)

For the Moderate stuff: Surprised
- RT
- Mherriford (Meeting at trailhead)
- 69Ford - Loren
- Eric Ford (via email)
- Andy Cail (via email meeting at trailhead)
- TJK74 - Trevor
- H4 (Robs Dad)

For the Wild stuff: big thumb up Confused
- Ryan S (via email)
- Scott (GoodTimes)
- Travis
- Huey
- Big Mike
- Brian (Verify group)
- Nate (wesnjusa)
- jhayes
- IronBenderII - Jack
- Rob (Crab) - (via phone)
- Ryan Knott - (via phone)
- Kris Hoffmeister (via email)
- Toy Jason (sponsored by Nate above)

Riding shotgun:
- Juggy (Will be riding with Tom)
- PDXBronco (Will either ride with Ryan or Dan)
- Zach (Will either ride with Ryan or Dan)
- Adam Harris (Will be riding with me)

Note: I stopped by and spoke with Mike from ORVP (Off Road Video Productions) and he plans to get video again this year during the trail runs. Last year he played video from the trail run on the monster big screen (small theatre sized) he had up near the registration area Saturday evening. It also appears that Adam Harris the Editor for Bronco Driver will be riding along as well.

Last edited by SaddleUp on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:07 am; edited 18 times in total
Good Times
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you'll be seeing the Columbia River Broncos.....You can count on Travis, Huey and myself for sure! Smile .......I'm sure Brian (nvrstuk) will be joining you if he gets his wiring job finished, and Big Mike will join us if he's not stuck on a forest fire.
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Times wrote:
You know you'll be seeing the Columbia River Broncos.....You can count on Travis, Huey and myself for sure! Smile .......I'm sure Brian (nvrstuk) will be joining you if he gets his wiring job finished, and Big Mike will join us if he's not stuck on a forest fire.

Which group should I put you guys in Scott?

I spoke briefly with Brian a couple of days ago and he indicated he will be there so I assume he will have his wiring done. He specifically expressed an interest in the deal we discussed a little up there which I'll be getting with you directly via email or PM on. I'll be getting down there Tuesday (and I think SecondChance is as well) to be sure we can make that happen.

Did you get your windshield fixed? I'm going to have mine out in the next week or so and am debating replacing it (I have some pitting in it from welding around it). If I do then I'm going to be looking to try and get a good deal going around here on new glass.

Good Times
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count us in on the more aggressive ride. BRING IT ON Wink At this time, we are planning on showing up on Tues. evening. it will be nice to have someone to play with those first couple of days before the big group shows up.

I haven't fixed the glass yet. If you get something going...I've got 3 windshields that could stand to be replaced. a mass buy would be great. I'll look at what kind of a price I can get locally and pass that info on to you.

I'll try to forward some pictures to you this week.

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formerjughead has my shotgun seat. I am so pumped to do my Recon mission 2 weeks from today. If it looks too flat, aka- too far between trails, I will RE-recon the North side of the highway for trails I know are unmarked yet open. They may be a little sparse also, but whooodawggy, there are some spectacular views from the top. Those who did the Team trophy Challenge in '04 should remember the North side well. If we take off at 9am, we can hit some very winch-nasty trails.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
SHAWN
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What trails are the 'moderate' guys running? Is the 'Wild' run hanging out at the Crushers the entire time? I would like to know which trails each group is running (or at least an idea) before I sign my life away Smile .
Like Tom said, the North side has some cool winch hills...if they are open.

Shawn.

E= hammer and stick.

Last edited by SHAWN on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
Formerjughead has my shotgun seat......

big thumb up ..........This is going to be fun

Brad

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAWN wrote:
What trails are the 'moderate' guys running? Is the 'Wild' run hanging out at the Crushers the entire time? I would like to know which trails each group is running (or at least an idea) before I sign my life away Smile .
Like Tom said, the North side has some cool winch hills...if they are open.

Shawn.
I'm leaving the specific trails for each group up to the trail leader for that group. I'm not going to plan anything for the North side myself since that area has been closed for at least the last 2 years during that time (fire season) and I would expect it to be closed again this year. As to which trails each group will run that will depend upon how many people want to go with each group. The Wild trails I have in mind on the south side are the Crushers, SaddleUp, the backside of SevenUp, Rocky Uphill (Going Up), Waterfall, the lower portion of HogsBack if it's open, and Airplane Hill if it's open. I doubt the later will be open but we will see. How much time we spend at each spot will depend upon how many participate and what repairs need to be done. Obviously I will not be able to go to all of those in one day. I expect 2 Wild groups at this point with one heading to the Crushers first and the other headed in another direction. Moderate trails will be ones like Archers Firebreak, Can Opener (If it's open), Rocky Uphill (Going Down) etc., Mild will be stuff like the Powerline, Ceder Tree (If it's dry), etc. The greatest difficulty in these are that some of them are a little tight in spots.

Last edited by SaddleUp on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wesnjusa
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the wild!!
'68 408 stroker, 4r70w, Atlas 4SP, 3.5"LT, 3" BL, ARB's F&R, D60 35spline, D44 30spline, 4:88, disk brakes F&R, 37" Goodyear MT/R
Mherriford
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for the moderate trail run-see you guys on the 25 th!!!
PDXBronco
Bfix Rockin
Bfix Rockin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Looking for a shotgun seat Reply with quote

Hey this will be my first time out, mine isnt quite ready for the trail yet (probably never will be at the rate I'm at). Looking for an extra seat for one of the runs, open for whatever.
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a shotgun seat Reply with quote

PDXBronco wrote:
Hey this will be my first time out, mine isnt quite ready for the trail yet (probably never will be at the rate I'm at). Looking for an extra seat for one of the runs, open for whatever.

Is this Starkey ? ?
69ford
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how difficult is the moderate? Will a D30 make it?
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D30 should (can) make any of the moderate trails. I plan to go difficult, but 99% of the time there is an easier way around, OR the group will help you through.
I will have both a CB and an FRS radio in my Bronco for communication.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to lack of interest in having a mild group and lack of enough trail leaders to run both a mild and a moderate group I have eliminated the mild run from the list. For anyone that wishes to go along for pretty much just a relaxing ride please sign up for the Moderate group. For this group everything that is more difficult should be able to be bypassed.

I would also ask that anyone that signs up for the Wild group have either Lockers or a good Winch if you plan to participate in the Extreme stuff.

jhayes
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saddle up, i would like to sign up for the wild trail run. big thumb up
69 eb, 302efi jacobs ignition,c4,atlasII,4.88 gears locked front,rear,2"body,3.5''susp,34/10.50 swampers,full cage,4wheeldisc,170amp alt,reinforced rear housing, custom extended radius arms, onboard compressor,front coils and dualshocks,bilsteins rear,
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<IF> I have to stay towards Browns Camp I will not be taking the Crusher trails. The Crusher trails become a spectator sport for most people with the wait time and all. I think the lower shute will be open by SOB 11, so we could enter at the top and drop out the bottom with the groups.
GoFastCrackPipe
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I will have an extra seat if anyone wants to ride along for the moderate run (Leading this run... if you can call aimlessly wandering around the forrest leading Mr. Green )
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoFastCrackPipe wrote:
It looks like I will have an extra seat if anyone wants to ride along for the moderate run (Leading this run... if you can call aimlessly wandering around the forrest leading Mr. Green )

2 IFs for ya. IF I get good results this Sat. I'll have a moderate run with a high probability of winching or getting winched. And If I can lay out a good map for you, I'll have a 2nd run you can follow a map up on and wind around into Browns and then back down, all the time staying "pretty much" moderate.
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
GoFastCrackPipe wrote:

2 IFs for ya. IF I get good results this Sat. I'll have a moderate run with a high probability of winching or getting winched. And If I can lay out a good map for you, I'll have a 2nd run you can follow a map up on and wind around into Browns and then back down, all the time staying "pretty much" moderate.
If there is a chance of winching then it will be a more difficult run not moderate. The moderate run needs to be easy enough that those with nice paint jobs can take the trails without much chance of body damage or winching.

Tom, At this time I have you planned to lead a more difficult run. Let me know if anything changes. Dan is planned to lead a moderate run (stuff like powerline, firebreak 5, and maybe ceder tree, etc.), and Mike is planned on the fence to go either way. I still need to contact him to verify that he will help out though. Bob was pulled from the list of leaders since he has some things going on that may keep him from going. If it does turn out that he can make it then he can either lead or help out with one of the others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: