Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
SOB 10 Trail Run - Info. & Sign Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant MY run will have a high probability of winching, if I mapped a run for someone else would not, but there would be some great viewpoints along the way.
Right now we got in (another) shitpot of trouble at work and this may affect my attendance on Friday. I'll still call in sick that day, but I may not have a place to work when I get back. Priorities.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
I meant MY run will have a high probability of winching, if I mapped a run for someone else would not, but there would be some great viewpoints along the way.
Right now we got in (another) shitpot of trouble at work and this may affect my attendance on Friday. I'll still call in sick that day, but I may not have a place to work when I get back. Priorities.

I know some people that can make it look like an abduction........the draw back is they need a finger.

Brad

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
Keep me posted. Don't get fired for the run. It's not that important. Thom had someone in mind that may be able to help as well so I can call him. Right now we can handle it with only 2 leaders but I expect the number to double by then.
IronBenderII
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the wild!

Jack

TJK74
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for the moderate!

Trevor
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Yesterday Dave Vandervelde, Brandon & Sara, and I went out to see what is/ was available for the SOB trail run. I am completely depressed. The good sections of the trails are closed.
We put in over 65 miles of road time not counting the drive up there and back. I am now going to bitch the hell out of my OHV recreation manager for doing this to us. We went from Diamond Mill to Triangulation to Jordan Creek and around to Ben Smith Road and hit maybe a mile and a half of decent trails. Mostly stuff that tried to shred the paint from our rigs and the skin from our faces.

If I dont get some good answers from the ODF guys, I aint wasting anyones time by trying to do a "trail run" on Friday. Rick & his Brother can take a group up to the crushers, but I dont want to wait in that line, and nothing else is more than a mild, narrow gravel road.
Rogers Road is closed due to a logging operation, Archers trail at Portland mills road HAD a good hill climb, closed. The next 2 sectons of Archers are flattened and graveled, the rock climb and waterfall are closed. by the time we got this far, we just headed out.

But on a better note, we did find a few unmarked trails covered with dead branches that put nasty scrapes down the sides of our rigs and faces. The trip to Triangulation peak could be a spectacular SOB trail run if for nothing but the incredible views and to pay your respect to "Billy Bobs" memorial boot. And I took Brandon in my super-secret super-steep trail where we both did world class wheel stands and I about went up and over backwards, while Brandon chose the more delicate right wheel lift, followed by a left wheel lift that tried to roll him over as well. Sara promptly ejected herself from the passenger seat ,,obviously for the photo-op.
Mherriford
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks dude happy finger
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
Well, Yesterday Dave Vandervelde, Brandon & Sara, and I went out to see what is/ was available for the SOB trail run. I am completely depressed. The good sections of the trails are closed.

Do you know the status on the following trails:
Hogsback
SaddleUp
Ceder Tree
Rocky Uphill
University Firepower
Firebreak Five
Ample & Alluring
Brown's Powerline
Can Opener
Seven Up
Hood Raiser
Powerline

Several of these trails are of the moderate skill level with a number that are of the more difficult level. If even half of them are open then we can come up with a decent run for everyone that will not be "wasting" anyones time.

Note to everyone else. I will be prerunning the trails the week before SOB so I'll know by the trail run on friday what trails we can take for some decent runs. Tom apparently just had his heart set on some of the less common traveled areas.

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some in-depth mapping last night (instead of some important stuff I have for work sitting here) and I'm going to do one last recon mission.
Heres what I know about the rest of the trails:

Hogsback; still closed, theres a small chance that it will get open by then, but doubts are high.

Saddleup; One way trail, DOWNHILL red mad I'm not certain its posted as such yet.

Cedar Tree; I've never hit the new Cedar Tree since it closed so soon after it was opened, it 'could' be open, but chances are its all nice and pretty.

Rocky Uphill; OPEN. 76" max width. There was tracks from some unik trying to make a new trail around their filter at the bottom.

University Firepower; Usually closed for the winter, Since the rock trail just West of the Waterfall ws still CLOSED for the winter, I wouldn't hold your breath on UFP.

Firebreak Five; THE rock area that everyone and their dog stops for the photo-op is getting too wide for the ODF's taste and there was talk about closing that section for discussion on what to do about it. I dont know what the status of the top section is.

Ample and Alluring; Stupid name for a trail. Never was any of either. Wink but the unmarked trail that continues at the top then drops down to the right was bitchin to run. I hope its still open.

Browns Powerline; Closed, too much sediment in what was originally a sediment pond red mad

Can Opener; Was closed ---MIGHT be open, but doubts are high.

Seven up; OPEN, the medium climb from the hard turn on Seven Cedars straight up the hill is getting very fun and tricky ( this means try it now before its closed).

Hood Raiser; Was fun before a Forest Service Employee accidentally ran a grader down it a couple of years ago thinking it was one they needed to use. It might be returning to a usable trail by now.

Powerline;THIS SHOULD BE OPEN. The reroute through the woods just might be becoming more than a winding drive by now, too.

Rogers Road; closed to logging operation

Firefox; Better be open, just got repaired last year. Its just 12 MILES from any other trail

Truck Dent; Open. Its no more than a dusty hill climb about 15 miles from any other LEGAL Mr. Green trail. This should keep it open for years to come.

Bates Road; Closed to logging. Probably will not be reopened until its pussified.

Back to Back; never tried it. They count it as a 4x4 trail that dead ends at the top of the hill. I guess I need to hit it some day.

Airplane Hill; I walked this mountain with another guy and found a usable reroute for the ODF to study. He can ride them to get it authorized, I just hope it goes somewhere before I die of old age.

You might go in at the Prison Camp and take South Fork road to Hood Raiser, then up the medium of 7UP, spin back and hit the bitchnasty side of 7UP. Continue on to the crushers, down FB5 and over to Cedar Tree, slide over to University Firepower and then to Powerline. The Prison Camp end of Powerline has the Little Rubicon on it and you'd be back on South Fork Rd. for the drive back.
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why they're making Saddle Up one way downhill? I can't think of a good reason for doing so. Oh well. Thanks for the trail info. that will give me a good starting point when I do the prerun. Is the top of hogsback still open? (I assume it is) I have a good idea of what trails Dan knows so I'll probably work out a map with him on the prerun (I think he's still planning to go on it). I'll be going in at the prison camp anyway to Lyda Camp because there are going to be several trailers. Dan is planning to start out there as well.
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep from tearing up the trail I presume. The top short climb on Hogsback should still be open. The new Hogsback has no difficult spots. The hardest part is how twisty the trail is through the trees. And the depth of the gravel. 8+" in some places. Lyda would be a good start/ stop point.

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a little hearsay from the group that adopted Firefox Trail. its also closed for a logging operation.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
I just got a little hearsay from the group that adopted Firefox Trail. its also closed for a logging operation.
That's so far away from the rest that it isn't practical anyway. Same with Truck Dent. (I doubt that side of the highway will be open anyway)
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The North side of the hiway is open just as often as the South side. Always. Dont get N & S confused with the North side non-motorized areas. Look over the OHV map, do you really think they will close all those motorcycle trails? There were a lot more motorcycle guys camping North of the highway than there were on the South side.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
The North side of the hiway is open just as often as the South side. Always. Dont get N & S confused with the North side non-motorized areas. Look over the OHV map, do you really think they will close all those motorcycle trails? There were a lot more motorcycle guys camping North of the highway than there were on the South side.
I don't think they would do so. I know they would because they did. Last year the entire North side of Highway 6 was closed to all off road use due to fire hazard thru fire season. Several of the campgrounds were also closed. The only area that stayed open were the designated trails in the area between Jordan Creek and Browns Camp on the south side of highway 6. I know this for certain because we tried to go up to truck dent last year and had to go back to the other side since it was all closed. Unless all of those closure signs and maps didn't amount to anything.
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there are no pictures in this section,
http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?p=1060154#1060154
SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(List moved to end of thread)

Last edited by SaddleUp on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Mherriford
BFix Built
BFix Built

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet .I cant wait!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, can we somehow start the 2 trips at different intervals this year? Last year there were guys wanting a less dramatic run that ended up in line with your group at the last. I dont want out any later than 9:30. As the groups were ready last year, they seemed to stop again at the parking lot and ended up in a big wait again. My run will begin out by the registration booth and parade our butts straight out.

I plan to go up North Fork Trask River Rd and go from Gobblers Knob to Ginsberg Point, possibly do the hillclimb @ Ginsberg, then run back to the trail near Bobcat cutoff which takes us up to Hembre Ridge. then its up to those along for a choice, Head back to Trask Rd & the party, or go to (whats left of) Archers and run it as far as possible, take a detour to a couple of "other" trails, then hit Hwy 6 back to the party.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
Rick, can we somehow start the 2 trips at different intervals this year? Last year there were guys wanting a less dramatic run that ended up in line with your group at the last. I dont want out any later than 9:30. As the groups were ready last year, they seemed to stop again at the parking lot and ended up in a big wait again. My run will begin out by the registration booth and parade our butts straight out.
We will meet at the registration area at 9:00 AM Friday. We can stagger them out from there with my group taking the tail. My group will stop in the parking lot briefly while I load mine.

Would you consider your run moderate or more advanced?

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderate. There will be a play climb if a few want to try it, When we get back to Browns area, it will include Browns-type of trails.

Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Opener IS open, Hogsback IS open, University Firepower IS open SaddleUp IS still a two way, just stay the hell off the side trails that are being cut in.

SaddleUp
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
Can Opener IS open, Hogsback IS open, University Firepower IS open SaddleUp IS still a two way, just stay the hell off the side trails that are being cut in.
Thanks. I had heard Hogsback was open but hadn't heard about Can Opener being open.
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I provided a "situation" Mr. Green at work and I volunteered to be there on Monday (normally I have it off), so I definitely have Friday off. big thumb up
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Dummer wrote:
I provided a "situation" Mr. Green at work and I volunteered to be there on Monday (normally I have it off), so I definitely have Friday off. big thumb up

So the finger deal worked?

Brad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Fix Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: