Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Home   Gallery   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
1977 Rear main fuel tank replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Parts: Buy, Sell, Trade, Mass Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
77Bronco66mustang
Bfix "What's a Bronco?"
Bfix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: 1977 Rear main fuel tank replacement Reply with quote

Hey gang, Iím new to the party. Iíve already seen some really great threads. So Iím sure it is out there but Iím having a hard time finding it. Iím looking to replace my rear tank on my 77. I know those tanks are different because of the fuel doors. I donít really use this truck for offroading and feel like the 23 gallon would be over kill. Does anyone have a suggestion on picking up a new tank? My current tank has a crack cross the top. Thanks for all the support.
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you'll find a " stock style " tank for the '77 or why youre concerned about the 23 gal tank being overkill.
Took me 2-3 years to talk myself into putting one in - but I'm really glad i did it.
Good luck , maybe one of the Vendors i'm not familiar with will have one.

DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 77, welcome! Just luck I happened to notice your post in this section though. Not usually paying attention (sorry to say) to any but the main tech ones.

But to answer that, if you're not in a hurry you might find a stock replacement from someone changing their stock one for a bigger one. Most of us that drive any distance really appreciate the extra capacity.
One of the tank manufacturers, Aero in Southern CA will make special order tanks just about any way you want. Not sure you'd save much money over a 23, even though Aero is pretty reasonably priced, but at least you would not have the bulk of the larger tanks.

Not sure if it was the overall size of the 23 gallon versions that turned you off, or if it was simply the price, or something else.
If price, then the custom isn't likely to thrill. The size is the easiest to overcome. Quality is a personal thing, as these things are all well made. They're just not pretty. We sell the Sherman and the Sunset Metal (the old NWMP) and they offer a 20 gallon version that might fit the bill.
That one is made for a body lifted truck, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't fit a non-lifted truck too. Still hangs down about the same though.

Good luck.

Paul

Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM Mr. Green
badmuttstang
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mine but if your still looking there's one on ebay
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1977-Early-Ford-Bronco-Rear-plastic-fuel-tank-great-shape-/142185270944?nav=SEARCH[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Bronco Parts: Buy, Sell, Trade, Mass Buy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: